The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by User25
congrats

who are you thinking of firming and insuring

Thanks, I've been waiting five months :tongue:
Firm Warwick, insure Bristol (AAA)
Although I'm now considering Bath (as I have a placement year)
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got an offer from Warwick 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3422
Original post by Betsyboo
Just got an offer from Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unbelievably jealous!! Seeing everyone getting offers and me still waiting is killing haha.. What were your stats?
I'd be the luckliest person on Earth if I get an offer from Warwick!Well done people
Original post by ndhala
Unbelievably jealous!! Seeing everyone getting offers and me still waiting is killing haha.. What were your stats?

GCSE 7a* 5a
AS 4A
A2 A*AAA predicted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats to everyone who got into Warwick!
Well done on getting Warwick's offer guys! I got rejected weeks ago so hopefully they have done with all the rejections and giving out offers to the remaining people
Original post by Aso816
Well done on getting Warwick's offer guys! I got rejected weeks ago so hopefully they have done with all the rejections and giving out offers to the remaining people

I am getting rejected surely.
Just firmed Nottingham
Original post by Lewis7253
Just firmed Nottingham

Yaass!! Join the FB group!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Yaass!! Join the FB group!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's it called?
Anyone firming Surrey?
Need help deciding which one to firm out of Leeds (AAA) Loughborough (AAB), was predicted to get A*, A, C will probably get the same, prefer Leeds but think it might be too unrealistic
Original post by Anon606
Need help deciding which one to firm out of Leeds (AAA) Loughborough (AAB), was predicted to get A*, A, C will probably get the same, prefer Leeds but think it might be too unrealistic

Leeds is very nice, and I hated loughborough. Leeds also has a way better reputation. Might as well go for it, you'll regret it if you get AAA and end up at Loughborough
Original post by Anon606

What are you thinking as putting as an insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon606

I'm a second year Economics student at Loughborough and I absolutely love it. Its consistently in the top 15 in Uni league tables and its placement students/graduates have a fantastic rep with top company's. I recently secured a Placement with Morgan Stanley, so its certainly nothing to write off. The campus is beautiful, Loughborough is one of the top for student satisfaction, has the best Student Union's in the country and been awarded best experience numerous times in recent years. There is a great Hall atmopshere with events like the sing-off during freshers and IMS sport over the year. The AU sport teams and facilities are also unrivaled. Nightlife may get repetitive but Nottingham and Leicester are on your doorstep if youre that bothered. I may be slightly biased, but you'd be a fool to write off this course and institution off.
Original post by Flather
Leeds is very nice, and I hated loughborough. Leeds also has a way better reputation. Might as well go for it, you'll regret it if you get AAA and end up at Loughborough

Quite liked Loughborough but think I do prefer Leeds and that's a good point but I think if I choose Loughborough as firm then they might let me slip a grade to ABB, whereas if I have it as insurance they might be more strict

Original post by NinjaPandaa
What are you thinking as putting as an insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I firm Leeds then probably Loughborough

Original post by Burty123
I'm a second year Economics student at Loughborough and I absolutely love it. Its consistently in the top 15 in Uni league tables and its placement students/graduates have a fantastic rep with top company's. I recently secured a Placement with Morgan Stanley, so its certainly nothing to write off. The campus is beautiful, Loughborough is one of the top for student satisfaction, has the best Student Union's in the country and been awarded best experience numerous times in recent years. There is a great Hall atmopshere with events like the sing-off during freshers and IMS sport over the year. The AU sport teams and facilities are also unrivaled. Nightlife may get repetitive but Nottingham and Leicester are on your doorstep if youre that bothered. I may be slightly biased, but you'd be a fool to write off this course and institution off.

Went to the applicant day a few weeks ago, and yeah the placement year looks good but Leeds also offer that and you can do a years study abroad instead. But the campus is really nice, amazing sports facilities and the course does look good
Original post by Anon606

Went to the applicant day a few weeks ago, and yeah the placement year looks good but Leeds also offer that and you can do a years study abroad instead. But the campus is really nice, amazing sports facilities and the course does look good

You can do studying abroad here too. All I meant is top companies regularly hire from Luff and they have a good rep which is advantageous to its students, Im not sure if Leeds has that same rep. Tbh the main difference is Leeds is a Major City campus whereas Loughborough is all together, to some people thats a big factor.
Original post by Burty123
You can do studying abroad here too. All I meant is top companies regularly hire from Luff and they have a good rep which is advantageous to its students, Im not sure if Leeds has that same rep. Tbh the main difference is Leeds is a Major City campus whereas Loughborough is all together, to some people thats a big factor.

Omg yes! I had work experience at Nomura a few weeks ago and almost all of the interns/people who were on the grad programme were from either Bath or Loughborough which was quite strange xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending