The Student Room Group

Econometrics Msc in Netherlands

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask for some opinions on the Econometrics Masters (including EOR, Quantitative Finance, Actuarial Science etc.) at Erasmus University, Tilburg University, University of Amsterdam, VU Amsterdam, Maastricht University and Groningen University.

Anyone knows how hard is it to get into any of these universities?
How important GRE score is for some of them (I know that for example EU doesn't want one)?

Generally any information will be apprecieated :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi!

The level of Econometrics Masters in general is high so a solid background in mathematics, statistics and economics is required. The best preparatory Bachelor's program would also be program in Econometrics. That said, not many universities in the Netherlands select purely on grades. As long as you have your Bachelor's degree in a relevant field you will have a good chance to get accepted. Several universities also require you to take a GRE test; this is also valid for Tilburg University. Our incoming students usually score above the 75% percentile on the GRE General test. You are only exempted from taking the test if you study at one of our partner universities (you can find the list at http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/economics-and-management/education/partner-universities/)
You can find more on our econometrics programs on http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/education/tisem-econometrics/ However, I can understand that you'd prefer to talk to a student to hear their experiences. If you're interested let me know then I could bring you in touch with one of our students.

Regards,
Anneke
Tilburg University
Reply 2
Hi, I'm not really answering your question here, but I am also thinking of studying for my Economics Masters in the Netherlands too. I understand that we need to take a GRE test, but am having some trouble finding a date booking one for next year, they all seem to be this year. Have they not set dates for 2015, the GRE website is appalling!!

Also I know for UvA, they just look at your GRE score but they do not ask for a minimum, on their FAQs I found that for the Economics Masters they said ''There is no minimum score requirement. The GMAT/GRE score is just one amongstother selection criteria. We therefore accept a wide range of scores. Our newstudents' average GMAT score is 604. The average GRE scores are 440 (verbal),678 (quantitative) and 3,75 (writing)''

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending