The Student Room Group

Is it worth waiting for the new iPhone?

My contract runs out soon and I was planning on switching to the iPhone and getting the 5C, the 5S looks cool but I don't really care that much about the extra features, so I think it would be a waste of money.

But then I hear that the iPhone 6 comes out in September, and it will have a lot of cool features or if it doesn't, the previous models will come down in price?

I don't know what to do, should I wait, do I just get a cheap phone and get a 1 month contract or something?:confused:
Reply 1
Try getting a one month sim only contract so you can use your existing phone, as when the new one is released, the others will probably drop in price, due to being older models.
Reply 2
Original post by baconwrappedeggs
My contract runs out soon and I was planning on switching to the iPhone and getting the 5C, the 5S looks cool but I don't really care that much about the extra features, so I think it would be a waste of money.

But then I hear that the iPhone 6 comes out in September, and it will have a lot of cool features or if it doesn't, the previous models will come down in price?

I don't know what to do, should I wait, do I just get a cheap phone and get a 1 month contract or something?:confused:

I think its the other way round in my mind the 5C is not worth the money. For a 'budget' smartphone its ludicrously overpriced.
Reply 3
I think in general apple products are overpriced and therefore don't buy them. The 5C is basically the 5 with a plastic shell though.
Why bother, it will be about a year behind the competition anyway...
Reply 5
When exactly is the new phone supposed to come out?
Original post by PC2852
When exactly is the new phone supposed to come out?

End of September, I've an iphone 5 so will trade it for the 6, one of my friends is buying it for £225 shall I sell it to him??? Is that too cheap?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This year is Apple's "tick" phase, meaning we're likely to see a distinctly new design as opposed to the "tock" years of the 4S and 5S which delivered more incremental upgrades. Rumours are already pointing towards at least one large-size iPhone, and odds are they'll also unveil a new model in their typical 4" size.

If you can wait, do it. For all we know they could deliver something amazing that you feel you would love to have. If not, iPhone 5S and 5C prices will drop and you'll be able to pick whichever one fits your budget best.
Reply 8

Wait.

The new iPhone comes out in Mid-September so a 5c contract will go down by a good 35% or so. Well worth it over the course of your 24 month contract.

I would get a 1 month SIM for your current phone or a cheap phone and 1 month SIM if you haven't already got a phone, and wait. :smile:

Simply because the rumours and chances of an iPhone 6 coming out this autumn are high, and the price drop differences when a new iPhone comes out are usually quite large. I was pretty annoyed when I got my iPhone 4S a couple of weeks before the 5 came out - and I'm sure you'll be annoyed too if that was to happen a whether that be days, weeks or months later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending