The Student Room Group

best laptops for students

hi, i’m a yr11 student revising for gcses. i currently use my iphone and ipad pro, however i’ve realised a laptop would benefit me as my ipad split-screen is too impractical for making notes. i was wondering which laptop to ask for for my bday, so please help me decide 🙏

brand:
- macbook (are they worth the £?)
- other (suggestions?)

if macbook:
- pro
- air

condition:
- new
- refurbished (to save £)

thank u in advance! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by bookw0rmm
hi, i’m a yr11 student revising for gcses. i currently use my iphone and ipad pro, however i’ve realised a laptop would benefit me as my ipad split-screen is too impractical for making notes. i was wondering which laptop to ask for for my bday, so please help me decide 🙏

brand:
- other (suggestions?)

if macbook:
- pro
- air

condition:
- new

I use my phone and iPad too! I think iPads are brilliant for school (I do alevel rn)

I was thinking of getting a Mac too but I’m not sure they’re worth it!

Even so, air over pro (pros are for high performance stuff that professionals use for music and stuff) and airs are cheaper!

Refurbished would definitely be better for your pocket and the planet!
Reply 2
Original post by subbhy

brand:
- other (suggestions?)

if macbook:
- pro
- air

condition:
- new

I use my phone and iPad too! I think iPads are brilliant for school (I do alevel rn)

I was thinking of getting a Mac too but I’m not sure they’re worth it!

Even so, air over pro (pros are for high performance stuff that professionals use for music and stuff) and airs are cheaper!

Refurbished would definitely be better for your pocket and the planet!

oo thanks for the tip about macbook airs :biggrin: the price difference of a refurbished model is definitely tempting but i’m worried it’ll be faulty or need upgrading soon 😭 what a levels ru doing if u don’t mind sharing? i’m picking maths, fm, econ, geog and welshbacc so my ipad will hopefully be extra useful for all my maths workings & the graphs in econ :smile:
Reply 3
oo thanks for the tip about macbook airs :biggrin: the price difference of a refurbished model is definitely tempting but i’m worried it’ll be faulty or need upgrading soon 😭 what a levels ru doing if u don’t mind sharing? i’m picking maths, fm, econ, geog and welshbacc so my ipad will hopefully be extra useful for all my maths workings & the graphs in econ :smile:

Check somewhere reputable, I know Apple sells some refurbs or if you can get a student discount that would be good!

I do maths, FM, biology and chemistry! Good luck with your choices!
Reply 4
Original post by subbhy
Check somewhere reputable, I know Apple sells some refurbs or if you can get a student discount that would be good!

I do maths, FM, biology and chemistry! Good luck with your choices!

wow nice combo! good idea ty - i might wait until i have a student ID to buy one and at least the apple certified refurbs are trustworthy. good luck with ur studies too!
Reply 5
wow nice combo! good idea ty - i might wait until i have a student ID to buy one and at least the apple certified refurbs are trustworthy. good luck with ur studies too!

Hey! If you have a school email, you can sign up for a Uni days account and get the discount rn. To the best of my knowledge I think a Uni days account is for anyone 16+!
Reply 6
Original post by subbhy

Hey! If you have a school email, you can sign up for a Uni days account and get the discount rn. To the best of my knowledge I think a Uni days account is for anyone 16+!

woah that’s super useful i didn’t realise, tysm!
Reply 7
woah that’s super useful i didn’t realise, tysm!

Nws!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending