The Student Room Group

2017 vet med students

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laser174572
Hey, don't panic! Talk to the vet schools - under the circumstances I would think they would try and do everything they can to rearrange to a different date :smile:

Thank you so much for your advice, I have emailed the RVC as I have managed to sort out travel to Liverpool and asked them if I can stay in halls overnight, if not then I shall have to find somewhere else in London! :smile: I have no way of getting home from my RVC interview though currently :s-smilie:
Original post by lwescott
Speak to the universities, they admissions team there to help and I'm sure you won't be the only person affected.

A friend regularly takes a National Express from Brighton to London Victoria so that may be worth a look at :smile:

Thank you so much!! I have managed to sort out travel with National Express and then get the train from London Victoria onwards! I didn't know National Express was a thing before today (I don't really travel!) so you've been a massive help :smile:
Original post by coupezaj
Have you considered checking out the coach service given that you were planning to stay in accommodation on the night of the 14th ?

National Express Coach from Liverpool to Brighton
national-coach-travel.co.uk/coach-travel.asp?from=987&to=532
Book tickets for a coach from Liverpool to Brighton from National Express Coaches and get coach ticket ... Liverpool & Brighton coach pick up / drop off point. ...Buses from Liverpool to Brighton: From £18 | GoEuro
www.goeuro.co.uk/buses_from_liverpool_to_brighton
Buses from Liverpool to Brighton: ... Cheap bus tickets from Liverpool to Brighton. ... Service from Liverpool to Brightonbegins around 6:00 a.m

Thank you for your advice, I didn't realise these coaches were available so now I've de-stressed a lot and managed to book a journey to Liverpool :-)
Perfect, hope all goes well with the interviews

Good luck :smile:
What do you need to bring with you for the Surrey Uni interview??
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do we need to bring to Nottingham interview. I read somewhere we needed to bring our A level certificates but not sure if that was for a different uni?
Original post by JBurr21
What do we need to bring to Nottingham interview. I read somewhere we needed to bring our A level certificates but not sure if that was for a different uni?

All you need is photo ID and a passport photo with your name and UCAS ID on the back
Original post by ProteuS_1337
All you need is photo ID and a passport photo with your name and UCAS ID on the back

Thank you !!
Reply 2428
Original post by joshie600
What do you need to bring with you for the Surrey Uni interview??
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just photo ID 😊
Original post by amoos
Just photo ID 😊

Thanks!!
Anyone at RVC today?
Got an interview at Surrey this afternoon and I'm incredibly nervous. Any tips on what to expect? I'm so far from home!!
Reply 2432
Original post by kilbane
Got an interview at Surrey this afternoon and I'm incredibly nervous. Any tips on what to expect? I'm so far from home!!

Relax and enjoy yourself! I really enjoyed the Surrey interview, it gives you a chance to think and overall is a really nice process. All of the interviewers are lovely and so are the students! There's nothing you can overly prepare for- have fun and good luck!
Reply 2433
Original post by Danielleegolds
Thank you so much for your advice, I have emailed the RVC as I have managed to sort out travel to Liverpool and asked them if I can stay in halls overnight, if not then I shall have to find somewhere else in London! :smile: I have no way of getting home from my RVC interview though currently :s-smilie:

Hi, I have an interview at the RVC on the 15th and was going to stay in London on the 14th night. Did you get a reply about staying in halls? I hope they do allow students to stay in accommodation near the campus because I've looked at available hotels and they're so expensive because of the rail strikes!
Original post by aponi
Hi, I have an interview at the RVC on the 15th and was going to stay in London on the 14th night. Did you get a reply about staying in halls? I hope they do allow students to stay in accommodation near the campus because I've looked at available hotels and they're so expensive because of the rail strikes!

Hi you sound like you're in the same position I am! Sadly they don't offer any accommodation or any reimbursements so we're on our own with this one :-( I'm going to book my hotel room tonight, I actually have no way of getting home after my interview, these rail strikes are really stressing me out :angry:
Reply 2435
Original post by Danielleegolds
Hi you sound like you're in the same position I am! Sadly they don't offer any accommodation or any reimbursements so we're on our own with this one :-( I'm going to book my hotel room tonight, I actually have no way of getting home after my interview, these rail strikes are really stressing me out :angry:

Hi
Yup, luckily I got my train from Liverpool Lime street to London Euston on the 14th with virgin trains but the other strikes mean everything will be so busy. That's really annoying given the price of London, I'm coming all the way from the scottish borders so I need to stay overnight and have limited options of getting home too. Which way are you heading?Try not to get too stressed! I'm sure there's ways of sorting it out, they may even cancel the strike so hope for the best! There's bus routes and different train operators but it might mean you have to go from a train station further away.
anyone else just heard from Bristol? eeeek so happy!!
Original post by 0arbute
anyone else just heard from Bristol? eeeek so happy!!

Just heard!! Congrats to you, too!! It's super exciting :biggrin:

They've dropped their grades for me as well:cry: ABB, GBY Bristol.
Original post by Scitty
Just heard!! Congrats to you, too!! It's super exciting :biggrin:

They've dropped their grades for me as well:cry: ABB, GBY Bristol.

Congrats!! I got the same, seems criminal to have an offer for vet at ABB but not complaining!! is yours because it's contextual too?
Original post by 0arbute
Congrats!! I got the same, seems criminal to have an offer for vet at ABB but not complaining!! is yours because it's contextual too?

I'm not sure! It is a contextual offer but last year when they gave me a cont. offer it was AAB. I'm certainly not complaining though, takes a lot of pressure off of me knowing I just have to sort out my chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending