The Student Room Group

The Curious Case of Ravel Morrison?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clip
Best did loads of illegal stuff. He beat up wives and girlfriends, stole money, punched a waitress. He definitely went to prison at least once.

He allegedly punched a waitress but was cleared of all charges I believe, and there's no evidence that he's beaten up anyone. He's just allegedly done things ... Morrison has actually done them.
Reply 21
Original post by IanDangerously
He allegedly punched a waitress but was cleared of all charges I believe, and there's no evidence that he's beaten up anyone. He's just allegedly done things ... Morrison has actually done them.

Why was he in prison then?
Original post by little_tom
Innocent until proven guilty. There are some women out there that would do anything to sell a news story... I'm not going to defend him but surely you have to wait until the case is over to make judgment.

He has previous for this, remember. Women who make claims like that are the vast minority.

Ravel should be in the United first team by now, he has plenty of talent and he was given enough chances to make it happen. However you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. He's thrown away all his talent because he's more interested in living the ''thug life''. Pathetic really, I hope he's thrown in jail. That should teach him a lesson or two.
Fair enough, I don't know the specifics of what he has done that's all. Assault is very vague and can be verbal or physical and more often than not these charges get dropped so we don't actually know what happened, i.e. Sterling, Nile Ranger, etc...
Morrison is a vile ****, make no mistake

I just posted in the United thread about him and cba to repeat myself, but I'd suggest reading this page of this thread if you're interested in neutral opinions of him. http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=309259.120
Original post by jam278
I mean in having the wrong mentality. Berbatov's style would be better if he worked harder.

Ravel won't. Therefore I don't see the hype. Just having a few boss games at club level and being great at U18 level doesn't mean ****. The step up requires more hard work and being focused purely on the football, meaning that many talented players fail at that hurdle as they have the wrong mentality.

Well, you could say that about every player who isn't Suarez and doesn't hassle and harry his opponents till the very end? Berbatov's playing style is why he doesn't try hard, that's natural to him. Ravel's is different - he does try hard and put in lots of effort in his natural playing style, but he can't motivate himself to do it properly. There is a difference

Well, there is no hype about him anymore. There was a lot of hype when he left United, and justifiably given his talent. Taking him away from his organised crime in Manchester was supposed to be the big change he needed. Shame that he was playing under Sam though, and I haven't really followed anything else since but yeah, he's virtually down the drain now.
Original post by Clip
Why was he in prison then?

Yeah he did go to prison, can't remember what for but I seem to recall Busby getting him out.
Reply 27
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yeah he did go to prison, can't remember what for but I seem to recall Busby getting him out.

I can only imagine it was one of tax fraud, drink driving or WAG-beating.
Reply 29
Messy kid.

You just need to look at Raheem Sterling to see how a potential tearaway can become a potential world-beater with the right management and guidance.
Reply 30
Original post by Mackay
Messy kid.

You just need to look at Raheem Sterling to see how a potential tearaway can become a potential world-beater with the right management and guidance.

I wouldn't try to call that yet tbh.
Original post by Mackay
Messy kid.

Raheem is nowhere near the thug and organised crime gang member that Ravel is. Raheem never had any issues to do with effort on the pitch and even off the pitch it's just been unconvicted girl problems, Ravel is FAR more of a criminal than that.
Ravel Morrison's favourite film is Green Street. So, like in Harry Brown, this plastic gangster needs shooting. :smile:
Very good footballer, has had plenty of trouble of the pitch and hasn't really had the right people around to help him.

Also been treated, if reports are to be believed, like absolute **** by Big Sam and bullied by Nolan wrt who is agent is.
I sympathised with him when it seemed he was being bullied by big Sam and Nolan in regards to the agent they were trying to push him into and hence the loan move to QPR but this just seems another Ravel dickory move that rightly seems him in custody. I don't think he can be saved, if Fergie couldn't then I doubt anyone can.
If true, hope they throw the book at him.

Nice to see he was dressed for the occasion for his day in court...
Original post by Aky786UK
If true, hope they throw the book at him.

Nice to see he was dressed for the occasion for his day in court...

Shame he wasn't in a suit so I can make the chav joke.

Quick Reply

Latest