The Student Room Group

Northern Ireland A-Level Results Thread - Also for future NI University students

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luciamul
Thanks!! They've actually replied to me already with the banner number thank goodness so I think I can apply anytime now!

That's great! It's all easy enough! Good luck :smile:
I'm going to Coleraine too! I don't suppose you've any idea what the student identification number (banner number) that they ask for when trying to apply for accommodation is?

So sorry! I have no idea as I will be travelling from home. The uni may be able to tell you!!
Original post by Heather Ellen
So sorry! I have no idea as I will be travelling from home. The uni may be able to tell you!!

I got it sorted thanks anyway!!
I got it sorted thanks anyway!!

No prob, sorry I couldn't be of more help!
Original post by OHNOGEM
Thinking of going to Belfast a few days before, anyone know a good place to stay hotel wise?

The Europa hotel, it's very close to the train station, it's in great victoria street and very very close to castle court
Original post by Heather Ellen
The Europa hotel, it's very close to the train station, it's in great victoria street and very very close to castle court

I wouldn't say its very close to the train station...I'd say it's attached to it haha
Original post by Frank the Tankk
I wouldn't say its very close to the train station...I'd say it's attached to it haha

I couldn't't agree more with that statement!!!!!:biggrin:
Original post by Hopelessly
Heyyy :tongue:
I'm just moving our conversation here lol.
There seems to be a grand total of 3 peeps from Norn Iron? :redface:

Just thought I'd update you two as you were the ones I was talking too. I am now a Student of Stranmillis UC :biggrin:

Original post by dina95
A grand total of 5 NI people!
Reply 188
Original post by Sarao
Just thought I'd update you two as you were the ones I was talking too. I am now a Student of Stranmillis UC :biggrin:

Woohoo!! I'm now a student of Queen's University Belfast :biggrin:
Reply 189
Original post by OHNOGEM
Thinking of going to Belfast a few days before, anyone know a good place to stay hotel wise?

the premier inn hotel in belfast city centre cathedral quarter - it's right slap bang in the city and it does good food and drinks.
Reply 190
Original post by OHNOGEM
Hey does anybody know any bus/train routes from Belfast international to the university?

Where are you from? What you studying at Qub? :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by OHNOGEM
I'm from Birmingham, studying ChemEng you?

belfast, studying spanish!
What made you come to Queen's?
Reply 192
Original post by OHNOGEM
Oh right wow that sounds quite cool to be right in the city, gonna have to look at buses that go to from there to Elms village or do you know if it is within walking distance?

It's five mins walk from premier inn to city hall and from there you can get a bus that goes to qub :smile:
Reply 193
Original post by OHNOGEM
Oh right wow that sounds quite cool to be right in the city, gonna have to look at buses that go to from there to Elms village or do you know if it is within walking distance?

about 25 mins walking distance to queens but you can walk 5 mins to city hall and get a bus from there that takes you straight to elms :smile:
Original post by dina95
belfast, studying spanish!
What made you come to Queen's?

Wanted to go overseas, then realised I could without leaving UK basically lol and the uni looks really cool
Reply 195
Original post by OHNOGEM
Wanted to go overseas, then realised I could without leaving UK basically lol and the uni looks really cool

They have a new library which is really good! QUB is actively trying too attract mainland students and are offering free flights and the best accommodation (I still don't think it justifies the difference in fees). If you haven't heard about those perks then do ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VSEPR
They have a new library which is really good! QUB is actively trying too attract mainland students and are offering free flights and the best accommodation (I still don't think it justifies the difference in fees). If you haven't heard about those perks then do ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah queens have stopped caring about NI applications, if you miss by a grade it's an immediate rejection and they're really rude to you! but if you're willing to pay 9K they will accept you no matter what, it's very annoying my friend experienced it first hand and he's gutted, he's going to manchester now instead tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alixrebecca
yeah queens have stopped caring about NI applications, if you miss by a grade it's an immediate rejection and they're really rude to you! but if you're willing to pay 9K they will accept you no matter what, it's very annoying my friend experienced it first hand and he's gutted, he's going to manchester now instead tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know international students were offered lower grades in clearing this year than GB/NI students but I guess that's nothing to do with the 13k they have to pay~.~ Their priority should be NI students as they represent NI.. but tbh it's the same for all Universities
Is anyone thinking of applying to Trinity? Now that they've relaxed their entry requirements for NI students. Every course at TCD is required to accept 3 students from Northern Ireland with 3 A Levels at ABB or above.

Quick Reply

Latest