Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Original post by Jonnyss
Hey guys

Im thinking about applying to Imperial but I'm not sure if my grades are good enough or if it's worth the risk to take the BMAT. Could anyone who got an offer please tell me their stats?

same here but my ukcat went dreadful so i'm thinking about applying to 3 bmat unis :moon:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Jonnyss
Hey guys

Im thinking about applying to Imperial but I'm not sure if my grades are good enough or if it's worth the risk to take the BMAT. Could anyone who got an offer please tell me their stats?

Hey
I got: GCSE - 7A* 3A
AS - AAAA (bio chem phys maths)
was predicted A*A*A*A* got A*A*A*A
Bmat - 4.6 5.4 3A

my stats were probably quite high, no one replied so just thought mine would be better than nothing for the moment altho im pretty sure there would be someone with fairly average stats.

Gd luck with ur application! :smile:
Original post by Master219
Hey
I got: GCSE - 7A* 3A
AS - AAAA (bio chem phys maths)
was predicted A*A*A*A* got A*A*A*A
Bmat - 4.6 5.4 3A

my stats were probably quite high, no one replied so just thought mine would be better than nothing for the moment altho im pretty sure there would be someone with fairly average stats.

Gd luck with ur application! :smile:

Wow this is weird haha...
My GCSEs: 7A* 3A
My AS:AAAA (biology, chemistry, physics, maths)
My A2: predicted: 4A* achieved 3A* 1A
BMAT: 4.7,4.7,3A
You must be related to me somehow 😦
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Laurenceacox

Haha, yh thats pretty sick. Was this the bmat you applied with, if so which yr did you apply/get ur offer, if u dont mind me asking?

My reason for asking being that there was no 4.7 in section 2 upto 2010, beyond which there were no A*s at A level. So ur probably mistaken with ur bmat results...?
Original post by Master219
My reason for asking being that there was no 4.7 in section 2 upto 2010, beyond which there were no A*s at A level. So ur probably mistaken with ur bmat results...?

Sorry I meant to say 5.7, 5.7 my mistake. I'm starting this year
Reply 2266

That's so cool do you already live in London? I already do so i'm not sure if I would get first year accommodation if i applied.
Also, what did you use to revise for the BMAT? I haven't done physics since GCSEs so do you think that making notes for physics using their content guide is a good idea?
Original post by Azula
I already do so i'm not sure if I would get first year accommodation if i applied.

If you put Imperial as your firm and apply for halls before the deadline, you're guaranteed accommodation.
Reply 2268
Original post by usycool1
If you put Imperial as your firm and apply for halls before the deadline, you're guaranteed accommodation.

Yess that is great to know thank you!
Original post by Azula
That's so cool do you already live in London? I already do so i'm not sure if I would get first year accommodation if i applied.
Also, what did you use to revise for the BMAT? I haven't done physics since GCSEs so do you think that making notes for physics using their content guide is a good idea?

I don't live in London, I have an en suite in Beit next year. I would probably still have at least considered halls even if I lived in London - for the experience. That said halls certainly aren't cheap at imperial. Regarding the physics, I'm probably not the best person to ask as I did physics to A2, however I would say it is perhaps more important to practice the actual BMAT than doing loads of physics in the hope that a topic you revised comes up. Perhaps a balance would be best, do a little physics, revising broad topics and getting a feel for a few important equations without going into too much unnecessary detail? I would ask someone who has been in this position, but the BMAT mostly tests your ability to think logically anyway, not your pure physics knowledge.... Sorry for the long response, but good luck!
Reply 2270
I don't live in London, I have an en suite in Beit next year. I would probably still have at least considered halls even if I lived in London - for the experience. That said halls certainly aren't cheap at imperial. Regarding the physics, I'm probably not the best person to ask as I did physics to A2, however I would say it is perhaps more important to practice the actual BMAT than doing loads of physics in the hope that a topic you revised comes up. Perhaps a balance would be best, do a little physics, revising broad topics and getting a feel for a few important equations without going into too much unnecessary detail? I would ask someone who has been in this position, but the BMAT mostly tests your ability to think logically anyway, not your pure physics knowledge.... Sorry for the long response, but good luck!

It's cool and thank you!
How many BMAT unis did you apply to by the way? My UKCAT didn't go very well so I was thinking about applying to 3
Original post by Azula
It's cool and thank you!
How many BMAT unis did you apply to by the way? My UKCAT didn't go very well so I was thinking about applying to 3

3 is certainly risky, and you can still look into unis that put less emphasis or no emphasis on ukcat... cuz bmat is taken after you submit your application, and you never know what you will get

Ahh, yh thats a solid score. Anyways, hopefully ill see u at imperial!
Original post by DCMed96
3 is certainly risky, and you can still look into unis that put less emphasis or no emphasis on ukcat... cuz bmat is taken after you submit your application, and you never know what you will get

I applied to Bristol, imperial, ucl, and Cambridge. And I got offers from imperial and ucl. I didn't do ukcat but with hindsight probably should have instead of applying to Bristol
I applied to Bristol, imperial, ucl, and Cambridge. And I got offers from imperial and ucl. I didn't do ukcat but with hindsight probably should have instead of applying to Bristol

i apply to cambridge as well :smile: whoops
Reply 2275
Original post by DCMed96

I am just completely stuck on where to apply lol :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Azula
I am just completely stuck on where to apply lol :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

just follow your heart
From seeing the stats of people who got offers I'm sensing that Imperial isn't the place to apply unless I have at least 4 A* predictions at A2, especially as an international applicant. Is this the case?
Original post by xtremespec
One of my mates got into imperial with AABBC at AS and I'm pretty sure his predictions weren't 4A*. However he did have 10A*'s at GCSE. Hope this helps.

I got 8A* 4A and 2A* 2A predictions. Is this good enough as an international?

How much do academics (especially predicted AS in comparison to achieved GCSEs) weigh, doesn't BMAT also have a large influence?
Original post by Jonnyss
I got 8A* 4A and 2A* 2A predictions. Is this good enough as an international?

How much do academics (especially predicted AS in comparison to achieved GCSEs) weigh, doesn't BMAT also have a large influence?

I'm not quite sure how Imperial's application system works (I'll be applying here this year as well) but judging by successful applicants in the past, I think the BMAT is the most important aspect here, since applicants are rejected without interview if they don't meet the cutoff, regardless of how stellar the rest of their applications are. Also, the fact that you're an international applicant will not disadvantage you against other applicants in any way.Your academics seem more than enough to get you an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending