This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
such a **** daughter :sad:

:console: Course you're not!
Original post by superwolf
:eek: This is an almost unprecedented situation!

Ribena? Ribena makes me happy. :redface:

i hate ribena too :lol:
:hugs: I prescribe hot chocolate!

^ this. so hard.
Original post by lauraaaaa
panic attack number three for the week :frown:

-hugggggging-
Original post by lauraaaaa
i hate ribena too :lol:

:hmmmm: In that case I shall stop listing beverages, and instead suggest nomming something tasty like a cookie. :cookie:
:console: Course you're not!

oh i am.
i had 2 things to pay for for my graduation, and now i cant cos bills took the money and now i wont be able to go to graduation as they were pretty ****ing important things.
oh i am.
i had 2 things to pay for for my graduation, and now i cant cos bills took the money and now i wont be able to go to graduation as they were pretty ****ing important things.

Firstly, that does not make you a **** daughter. :nah: Just a mildly discombobulated daughter who's somewhat lacking in funds.

Secondly, I'd call your uni first thing in the morning and explain your situation, and ask if there's any way to defer payment. If not but you still have the opportunity to pay soon, ask relatives for a loan, making it clear you'll pay back say £10/week.

Pretty much no problem is insoluble, and money issues aren't the end of the world. :hugs:
10:20pm and only unpacked a third of my stuff. staring out window or at wall crying
Original post by .snowflake.
^ this. so hard.

-hugggggging-

:hmmmm: In that case I shall stop listing beverages, and instead suggest nomming something tasty like a cookie. :cookie:

:lol: i had some key lime pie mmm
:rofl3: Just had to listen to a half hour rant about Scottish independence courtesy of my dad. He is emphatically not in favour, and there were a number of swearies involved. :teehee:

ughhhhh omg the independence referendum is driving me up a brick wall, i can't walk into town without being lambasted by somebody handing out leaflets, my fb newsfeed is filled with yes/no rants, every conversation around me is about the referendum. i can't wait until its over.
Original post by Team_McDreamy
ughhhhh omg the independence referendum is driving me up a brick wall, i can't walk into town without being lambasted by somebody handing out leaflets, my fb newsfeed is filled with yes/no rants, every conversation around me is about the referendum. i can't wait until its over.

:console: I live in England now so I've mostly escaped, apart from being cross-examined by the odd politically aware English person that is. :tongue:

Roll on Friday morning, let's see what the buggers have in store for us. :mwuaha:
about to go to sleep, hopefully wont have an attack to wake up too.
oh i am.

I planned to write exactly the same as superwolf, but her English is much better. :smile: You are not a bad daughter and I am shure someone will help you out with graduation, you worked so hard for it. Everyone understands that a newly graduate won't have too much money, so go for it and ask, it is really nothing to be ashamed of.

Original post by ScaryScience
10:20pm and only unpacked a third of my stuff. staring out window or at wall crying

Maybe just get asleep and begin again tomorrow? The good thing was, that the last time I moved, I was very happy about my new room and it was so little I simply had to unpack everything, because otherwise, I would not have been able to move a bit. Maybe put music on and see packing as exercise which may raise your mood? And it will definitely if anything is unpacked and the awesome thing is, you can really do it! No matter how long it takes, you will be so lucky afterwards, at least a bit, or? POSITIVE!
Firstly, that does not make you a **** daughter. :nah: Just a mildly discombobulated daughter who's somewhat lacking in funds.

Secondly, I'd call your uni first thing in the morning and explain your situation, and ask if there's any way to defer payment. If not but you still have the opportunity to pay soon, ask relatives for a loan, making it clear you'll pay back say £10/week.

Pretty much no problem is insoluble, and money issues aren't the end of the world. :hugs:

im just costing her so much money :sad:

mums agreed to lend me the money when i pay her back. im so angry though. my step dads wanting me to pay for my graduation myself, but hes just paid nearly £900 for some stuff for his car BEFORE he gets paid.

just feel so **** about it all, had a bad week and its only tuesday :frown:
Original post by ScaryScience

i spent about a month unpacking in my third year hun, do it in stages you can cope with
:jumphug:

Original post by Nathanielle
I planned to write exactly the same as superwolf, but her English is much better. :smile: You are not a bad daughter and I am shure someone will help you out with graduation, you worked so hard for it. Everyone understands that a newly graduate won't have too much money, so go for it and ask, it is really nothing to be ashamed of.

Maybe just get asleep and begin again tomorrow? The good thing was, that the last time I moved, I was very happy about my new room and it was so little I simply had to unpack everything, because otherwise, I would not have been able to move a bit. Maybe put music on and see packing as exercise which may raise your mood? And it will definitely if anything is unpacked and the awesome thing is, you can really do it! No matter how long it takes, you will be so lucky afterwards, at least a bit, or? POSITIVE!

just feel so pathetic and awful :frown: mums agreed to lend me the money, even though my nanny had already given me the money :frown:

mums agreed to lend me the money when i pay her back. im so angry though. my step dads wanting me to pay for my graduation myself, but hes just paid nearly £900 for some stuff for his car BEFORE he gets paid.

just feel so **** about it all, had a bad week and its only tuesday :frown:

:hugs: Parents sign up for that kind of thing when they become parents! Honestly me and my sister have cost our parents a bucketload over the years, and occasionally it's pissed my mum or dad off a bit. But at the end of the day it's your family, and they want to help you. So accept the money, and just remember it a few years down the line when it's you that's better off and happier because of what your parents did for you. :smile:

Yeah, but on the other side the biggest step towards being able to support yourself is your degree. Now you have an education and that is in most cases the prerequisite for a stable job, which covers more than just the bills. And regarding how difficult it is for you, I think she is very proud of you and graduation is really something which you can celebrate with your mom together and what is somehow also a gift from you to her! Not saying one should graduate only for your parents, but it is somehow the motivation, as you said, to show that you are capable and to give back.

So be proud of what you have achieved and look forward to your graduation, as something, your mom has every right to be proud of you!
Original post by Tillybop
Hi Guys

Sorry about the troll that seemed to pass through. All evidence of their presence has now been removed. :ninja:

Just a quick reminder, try not to respond to trolls, because most of the time it only makes matters worse.

Hope you're all ok :h:

I am not a troll. I have narcissistic personality disorder. Stop being so ableist.
Didn't see their posts but the placebo effect is a pretty interesting thing to look into. I'm going to take a wild guess and say they decided that because placebos work, the person must not have been suffering from anything in the first place. Which is *******s. Sugar pills work on all kinds of non-fictitious illnesses, for reasons nobody quite understands. Doesn't mean the person wasn't suffering from an illness in the first place, just means that they're human and susceptible to this weird effect that we find hard to account for. :smile:

They basically said placebo's work and that 90% of the pills we're taking are just sugar pills? Something along those lines. I thought the 'troll' was perfectly reasonable in their posts. Maybe a little hostile but I did agree with them and a viewpoint that shouldn't have been binned just because it wasn't of the general consensus in this thread.

Original post by purple-duck
I think the way he posted was just a bit combative possibly? :dontknow: Didn't really know what I'd have said to him the way he posted, don't know :s-smilie: I don't know enough about it myself I suppose :colondollar:

Hope you're doing okay at the moment Deyesy - are you starting Uni soon? I can't remember :colondollar:

Yeah it was slightly combative, so they could've gone about it a different way but they had a point. Placebo's can and do work, if you don't know you're actually taking one. Studies into it aren't very ethical but they show 'sugar pills' can work.

Starting 1st year proper on Saturday. Starting to get really, really, really anxious about the thought of trying to fit in. I know I just disappear in large groups. How're you mate?

Original post by Asexual Demigod
I am not a troll. I have narcissistic personality disorder. Stop being so ableist.

This wasn't aimed at you :smile: It was aimed at another poster who decided to post about placebo's :smile: I can see why you may have thought it as you've been accused of being a troll - and wrongly so imho; but I'd try to not jump to conclusions? - Easier said than done I know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Asexual Demigod

:hmmm: Confused as to what gives you the right to accuse a (particularly lovely) person of disability discrimination?
:hmmm: Confused as to what gives you the right to accuse a (particularly lovely) person of disability discrimination?

^^ this. We loves you Tilly!
Original post by Deyesy
They basically said placebo's work and that 90% of the pills we're taking are just sugar pills? Something along those lines. I thought the 'troll' was perfectly reasonable in their posts. Maybe a little hostile but I did agree with them and a viewpoint that shouldn't have been binned just because it wasn't of the general consensus in this thread.

:yy: Thanks for the info. :smile: I do generally find that the MH mods have pretty good judgement when it comes to people causing trouble though, and it does sound like people got upset about what was said/how it was said.

Latest