The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
eh, up and down, my mood's been really low of late so it's not a great time for me anyway, just not had enough to do I guess, hopefully doing a course and stuff will help with that though, be good to get out the house a bit more, my girlfriend is being fab about things but I know I can't be easy to live with at times right now :tongue: but yeah, hopefully things will start picking up soon anyway, got a psychologist appointment next week as well which should help.

Well fingers crossed!

I'm re-watching DS9 at the moment so JLP has had a few cameos :biggrin:
Original post by ByronicHero
Well fingers crossed!

I'm re-watching DS9 at the moment so JLP has had a few cameos :biggrin:

haha, cool, I have seasons 4-7 of DS9 on DVD, not watched em in a while though, enjoy :smile:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard

haha, cool, I have seasons 4-7 of DS9 on DVD, not watched em in a while though, enjoy :smile:

Every three or four months I seem to pick whichever series I watched the longest ago and re-watch it ()with the exception of TOS which is just too dated for me really).
Original post by ByronicHero
Every three or four months I seem to pick whichever series I watched the longest ago and re-watch it ()with the exception of TOS which is just too dated for me really).

sounds like a good plan :smile: I tend to watch em every now and then, have plenty of DVD/blu-ray and there's some on telly as well, been watching Enterprise again on Sky cause they are repeating it for instance.
Reply 984
Original post by bubble999
I'm just a PM away. How are you feeling? :hugs:

thanks hun, feeling a bit better today, boyfriend went and got treats, and im making a curry for tea, and boyfriends cheered up :smile:
Original post by PandaWho
thanks hun, feeling a bit better today, boyfriend went and got treats, and im making a curry for tea, and boyfriends cheered up :smile:

Ooh nice :biggrin: I had curry last night, it was yummy! What type are you having? :h:
Reply 986
Ooh nice :biggrin: I had curry last night, it was yummy! What type are you having? :h:

i think its a tikka masala, i use a jar :yep: haha
i make a pretty mean curry :ninja:
i think its a tikka masala, i use a jar :yep: haha
i make a pretty mean curry :ninja:

Ooh, we use the jar one too :yep:

Mmm, I'm getting hungry thinking about it now :tongue:
Original post by purple-duck

Have you had resits/exams yet? or they coming soon? Hope it all goes well/that you're alright!

First two weeks of September, so it is close! :eek:
Reply 989
Ooh, we use the jar one too :yep:

Mmm, I'm getting hungry thinking about it now :tongue:

im currently on Ptaks (Sic) paste, sometimes use to complete pre made jars, but only when there on offer!

mines smelling good :tongue:
For those going through a period of stress, panic attacks or anxiety. If you get physical symptoms for these attacks remind your self that you are not going crazy, you are not putting on these symptoms and it's the body'a way of sensing danger.

Google fight or flight response to stress and pay attention to a level psychology of you do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finished work, don't know my mums reaction yet because I've blocked her number for now, can't deal with it just now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got prescribed a new antipsychotic. The more I think about it the less I want to take it. I'm actually feeling really scared about it. I googled side effects but there wasn't that much information as it's a pretty new drug, which is partly why I'm worried - they can't possibly know the long-term side effects of a recently licensed drug. At least with haloperidol I know what to expect.

ED trigger

I also forgot to ask if I could increase my diazepam to 15mg when things are bad. 10mg seems to be helping less and less each time.

I know I should be used to new antipsychotics by now but I'm really not, I'm scared.

Anyone got any advice to alleviate my fears?
Reply 993
Original post by Odd socks
Finished work, don't know my mums reaction yet because I've blocked her number for now, can't deal with it just now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would it not be making things worse for you if you prolong talking to her? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would it not be making things worse for you if you prolong talking to her? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It just it's my friends birthday tonight and we're going out for tea so I know I'll get upset if I talk to her now and I don't want to ruin her birthday by being sad :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
Haha :colondollar: Oh I'm sorry :frown: A citroen C1? Parents', but they put me on insurance occasionally :redface: Oh great! :biggrin: Glad it was all simple-ish/do-able :smile: Oh please don't worry :console: Anything in particular or just generally everything? :colondollar:

Yeah I think the whole system's sort of stupid :s-smilie: I mean if a family has 4 children, but earns 60k (10k per family member) then one of them going off to Uni gets substantially less than a family with 1 kid, on 45k (15k per member) Maybe that's a bad example/thing, but just seems odd the way it works out. Though at the same time I think it's really important that people from low income families get enough support - it's just that everyone else should, too :redface:
That's good :smile: I was shocked with warwick for the annual price difference for accommodation - the cheapest is 2400, most expensive almost 6 grand! :eek: (30 week and 39 week let respectively, but still)

:lol: Haha, I might well ask for help on here next term or something :colondollar: :tongue: My auntie cooked some chilli, so had that instead - pasta bol bake survived for another day :tongue: oo have fun! :teeth:

:lol: I was just scared writing mine - I still haven't really got a proper signature sorted - just write down my name/make it more swirly currently :tongue:
Oh I'm sorry :frown: What happened?

sorry it took so long to reply, I’ve been at work and then went to costa! :tongue:
Oh, that car is similar to the one I drive! I must make an effort to go out this weekend, just not sure where to drive to :redface: yeah, I’m so glad it all got sorted easily, makes my anxiety a lot better :smile: and I’m just generally a bit anxious about everything that is involved, but I’m also excited!

yeah i totally understand what you mean, i think everyone should get enough to at least cover accommodation costs! and oh yeah, theres a massive difference at york too! You get some accommodation here where people share rooms and everything, i could never do that!

if you ever need sites for stuff, hit me up, i can find ANYTHING (expect killer kids season three, I’ve been looking for that EVERYWHERE :angry:) :lol: and ah, I’m not a chilli fan but, i hope it was nice :smile:

Oh i know! i don’t have a signature either, just wrote my name haha! she basically said id revised for psychology too much and neglected my other subjects. obvious A*AAC in my others wasn’t good enough :/

Had a bit of a rubbish day today, people at work were rude and…

Spoiler

hope you had a nice day :smile:

Original post by luno

Spoiler

Spoiler

hope you’re doing okay :smile:

Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Try and look after yourself, maybe have a day devoted to doing nice things around the house?

i had to go to work and it was **** but, I’m gonna watch a film now and cheer myself up :tongue: hope you had a nice day!
Reply 996
They promised I would be reviewed today cos it is only the doctor that can take me off 1:1. Its quarter to seven and it still hasn't happened and if it doesn't happen now I will have three full days on 1:1 with no proper sleep.

I think I am going to tell them that if it doesn't happen they will have to chuck me in a 136 suite or give me a jab cos I'll not be able to stop myself kicking off cos I can't handle it another night :frown:
It doesn't matter how low I feel every day my mum just dismisses it as short depression. How can it be short term depression when you have had it for three years

I am in a low state of mind at the moment I don't flipping care about job seeking for gods sake it's the last of worries, stop assuming that it's only reason I am depressed for gods sake. I have lost every thing, I have to face having no job, coming out of Uni and no friends. I don't choose to think about these things they are there 24/7. I never have days break from it

Anyway once I have got a job I will still be depressed nothing cheers some1 up whose empty.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 998
Original post by iloveteddy14
It doesn't matter how low I feel every day my mum just dismisses it as short depression. How can it be short term depression when you have had it for three years

I am in a low state of mind at the moment I don't flipping care about job seeking for gods sake it's the last of worries, stop assuming that it's only reason I am depressed for gods sake. I have lost every thing, I have to face having no job, coming out of Uni and no friends. I don't choose to think about these things they are there 24/7. I never have days break from it

Anyway once I have got a job I will still be depressed nothing cheers some1 up whose empty.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you on medication?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iloveteddy14
For those going through a period of stress, panic attacks or anxiety. If you get physical symptoms for these attacks remind your self that you are not going crazy, you are not putting on these symptoms and it's the body'a way of sensing danger.

Google fight or flight response to stress and pay attention to a level psychology of you do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

^ this. At the risk of sounding like my therapist, your body thinks it's seen a huge-ass tiger thats trying to eat your face off. Said tiger doesn't exist, but you panic like hell anyway.

Latest