The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

I haven't recieved any offers yet :frown: But that's because my tutor won't make me a reference! UGHHH!
I have applied for Nottingham though! Not psychology, but criminology and social policy :smile: I'll let you know if I get an offer!
And good luck! :smile:
Have 3/5 offers and only applied last Friday!!! Chester, Worcester and Chichester
Original post by oliviakucia
I applied to study Psychology at Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham and Nottingham. I received all my acknowledgement emails yesterday - just wondering if anyone has got offers for Psychology from these unis yet? and if so, what are you predicted? I got AAC at AS level and am predicted A*AB

I applied for Bristol 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back.. I'm predicted AAA and got AAB at AS!
Original post by neigh0mey
Is anyone thinking of applying for Psychology at either:

-University of Birmingham
-University of Warwick
-University of Leicester
-Aston University
-Loughborough University
-Coventry University

If so
1) What are your predicted grades?
2) What did you get at AS?
3) What universities have you had offers from and what are they offering you?

I applied to Warwick and have been given an offer (it's my first choice). I'm predicted AAA and got AAB at AS :smile:
Is anyone thinking of applying for Psychology at either:

-University of Birmingham
-University of Warwick
-University of Leicester
-Aston University
-Loughborough University
-Coventry University

If so
1) What are your predicted grades?
2) What did you get at AS?
3) What universities have you had offers from and what are they offering you?

Applied for Birmingham and Aston, did you visit Aston? I have questions I'd love to ask

I'm predicted A*AB
I got AABE(psychology, English combined, philosophy, and biology)at AS
I've also applied to Newcastle, Nottingham and Lincoln. So far I only have offers for Lincoln- 320 UCAS points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 365
Original post by benster37
Anyone had offers from UCL or Newcastle yet? Had offers from Nottingham, Cardiff and Birmingham

I got an offer from UCL yesterday for Psychology and language science (AAA)
Congrats! I just applied on monday for psychology at bristol and cardiff too, how long did you have to wait until you got an offer? and what are you predicted?

Thank you!! :smile:
My application got sent off on the 4th November and got an offer from Bristol on the 7th and from Cardiff on the 10th. My predicted grades are A*AA. Where else have you applied to? And wish you the best of luck :smile: X
Original post by qgirl
I got an offer from UCL yesterday for Psychology and language science (AAA)

Did you have to reply to some questions?
I applied to study Psychology at Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham and Nottingham. I received all my acknowledgement emails yesterday - just wondering if anyone has got offers for Psychology from these unis yet? and if so, what are you predicted? I got AAC at AS level and am predicted A*AB

I applied for Birmingham and Nottingham about a week ago, still no offer yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applied to Sussex? I still haven't got an acknowledgement :/
Reply 370
Original post by GandalfWhite
Did you have to reply to some questions?

No I only got a confirmation of my application being received and a password for the portal. I must admit I thought you had to attend a day at UCL before they told us we have received a place so I was surprised to get the offer but not complaining:smile:
Original post by IAmEchelon
Applied for Birmingham and Aston, did you visit Aston? I have questions I'd love to ask

I'm predicted A*AB
I got AABE(psychology, English combined, philosophy, and biology)at AS
I've also applied to Newcastle, Nottingham and Lincoln. So far I only have offers for Lincoln- 320 UCAS points

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't apply to Aston in the end but I have visited it as I live in Birmingham and one of my friends from work is currently doing the course at Aston. I applied to Birmingham though x
Original post by Kates_xoxo
I applied to Warwick and have been given an offer (it's my first choice). I'm predicted AAA and got AAB at AS :smile:

That's good :smile: what is your offer requirement?
I didn't apply to Aston in the end but I have visited it as I live in Birmingham and one of my friends from work is currently doing the course at Aston. I applied to Birmingham though x

What are your opinions on Aston?

Do you have an offer yet from Birmingham? I'm getting too nervous from waiting, I REALLY want to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
What are your opinions on Aston?

Do you have an offer yet from Birmingham? I'm getting too nervous from waiting, I REALLY want to go

Posted from TSR Mobile

My psychology teacher at school he went to Aston University and he is really successful but I'm not sure if it is still an amazing Uni now. When I went to the university it was for a must to class on lies and detection and I really enjoyed it but because the university is so close to home for me I didn't really want to apply because I live in Birmingham but I applied to Birmingham because it is a really good university. I haven't had an offer from Birmingham yet but I had an unconditional offer from the University of Leicester today and I only sent my application off on November the 12th
Original post by unsaidmemories
Anyone applied to Sussex? I still haven't got an acknowledgement :/

I wouldn't worry, some unis won't send an acknowledgement at all. They will still have received your application and consider it in time :smile:
Reply 376
Has anyone had offers from Leeds or Newcastle for psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can stalk/track applications for Psychology on the TSR Connect page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/course/psychology (scroll down to see the 2015 applications)
Original post by qgirl
No I only got a confirmation of my application being received and a password for the portal. I must admit I thought you had to attend a day at UCL before they told us we have received a place so I was surprised to get the offer but not complaining:smile:

Yeah. That was last year's process. Lots have changed. Good for this year's applicants.
Original post by *Interrobang*
I wouldn't worry, some unis won't send an acknowledgement at all. They will still have received your application and consider it in time :smile:

Hm, it's just that my friend's application was sent off on Thursday and she got an acknowledgement from Sussex the same day :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest