The Student Room Group

A Levels for Btec?

Im thinking of two options,

Doing 3 ICT Btecs

or

Doing 4 A levels, Computing, Media Studies, Business Studies & History.

Which one is better and why?
Original post by AyyUK_
Im thinking of two options,

Doing 3 ICT Btecs

or

Doing 4 A levels, Computing, Media Studies, Business Studies & History.

Which one is better and why?

Depends on what your aims in life are. If you want to go to Uni, do A Levels. A Levels are academic qualifications, so they're suitable for University entry. BTECs are more vocational so whilst some Universities will accept people with BTECs, they're not as suitable as A Levels. If you want to go directly into work or an apprenticeship, the IT BTEC might be a decent alternative.
Reply 2
i personally do two BTECs and one AS, and from my experience i believe them both to be equally hard. With doing a btec, you do not have to worry about the pressure of exams however the coursework load can be quite pressurising especially when it comes to meeting deadlines.
Reply 3
Original post by Chlorophile
Depends on what your aims in life are. If you want to go to Uni, do A Levels. A Levels are academic qualifications, so they're suitable for University entry. BTECs are more vocational so whilst some Universities will accept people with BTECs, they're not as suitable as A Levels. If you want to go directly into work or an apprenticeship, the IT BTEC might be a decent alternative.

I'm thinking of going to Uni so yeah I might do A levels thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest