The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

I have never been to Hull, but I am starting in September?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by David B
Don't have the grades to go haha, and I'm doing Computer Science. Do you know where you'd be staying on The Lawns?

No idea! I haven't confirmed my decision yet, so I am still awaiting confirmation. All I know is that I want an ensuite, haha.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by Utterly-confused
No idea! I haven't confirmed my decision yet, so I am still awaiting confirmation. All I know is that I want an ensuite, haha.

Haha, are you going to confirm it? You wouldn't regret it whatsoever.

You might not get an en suite as they go super fast and you are slightly later applying for one but I wouldn't worry about that. The lawns is really nice andmost of the rooms have a sink even I they aren't en suite. Also it just means you'll have to go a few steps across a corridor to get to a toilet and as there are several per block, you'll never be waiting. On top of that a cleaner cleans the non ensuite toilets more.

Basically the uni and lawns are actually quite nice. And Hull doesn't deserve its bad reputation. I can answer any more questions you have if you want.
Original post by David B
Haha, are you going to confirm it? You wouldn't regret it whatsoever.

I am waiting on Essex, I liked their course better. But I have until tomorrow for Hull and Essex can take up to three days to respond!
I am waiting on Essex, I liked their course better. But I have until tomorrow for Hull and Essex can take up to three days to respond!

It's whatever you feel more comfortable with. You'll make the right decision in the end.
Original post by Chlomc
Hey :smile:

I'll be off to Hull this September and I've never been further north than Ipswich :L
It's been my firm for months now actually yet I still never visited. Obviously it would have been nice to but I wasn't too bothered. I liked the course, the area is cheap to live in and it's near some really close friends of mine who went to Uni last year.

Personally I think while it's right to be aware that some places are "unsafe" it's right for it not to bother you too much. Every area has them. Essex recently had a murder where the girl was just walking to the campus. There's bad people everywhere.

I can't really comment on Hull area, but I can on Essex. I live real close by and visited the campus a couple months ago with my brother who's going there. From what I saw of it, it was really pretty. There were actually rabbits hopping about which was cute :3 Colchester is okay. Is pretty much like any other city tbh. But I wouldn't put too much weight on the area, or let things putt you off. If you prefer the course or have a gut feeling about either then just go with it :smile:

Hi, thanks for the response!

How was Essex compared to Hull? What kind of people were there? Is accommodation/social life better?

Sorry for all the questions!

Quick Reply

Latest