The Student Room Group

UEA 2015 medicine entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NsT3N12
How important is the experience Form? What should I concentrate on (if I'd have to fill it out)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats an experience form?
hey guys, i've decided i'm going to be applying to UEA as well!

GCSEs: 6A*s 5As 3Bs (pretty average compared to everyone else)
A-Levels: already achieved AAAAb
UKCAT - 705 band 3, luckily UEA don't use sjt

How much do UEA look into PS when considering who to interview?
Original post by purplepetal
Would UEA be a risky choice for me
Gcse's : 6A*s 3As B C
AS: AAAB( maths bio chem geography)
A2(achieved) AAA
UKCAT REALLOW LOW 630

I think that's enough to get you an interview imo.
Original post by blissfully
hey guys, i've decided i'm going to be applying to UEA as well!

GCSEs: 6A*s 5As 3Bs (pretty average compared to everyone else)
A-Levels: already achieved AAAAb
UKCAT - 705 band 3, luckily UEA don't use sjt

How much do UEA look into PS when considering who to interview?

UEA rank applicants by UKCAT and GCSE's(A*s/As) PS will be looked at but it won't decide who will be interviewed.
Original post by OnionRing
I think that's enough to get you an interview imo.

UEA rank applicants by UKCAT and GCSE's(A*s/As) PS will be looked at but it won't decide who will be interviewed.

thanks:smile: do you think i have a good chance of getting an interview with my stats?
Reply 44
whats an experience form?

If u get invited to an interview u have to fill out an experience form in which you state 2 work experiences/volunteering u have done.
Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 5As 2Cs and 1B. Is that weak grades for GCSE? Please help!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NsT3N12
If u get invited to an interview u have to fill out an experience form in which you state 2 work experiences/volunteering u have done.

oh right i didn't know this thanks! is this done at the interview or before it and post it? what sort of information does it ask for? like references?
Reply 47
Original post by purplepetal
Would UEA be a risky choice for me
Gcse's : 6A*s 3As B C
AS: AAAB( maths bio chem geography)
A2(achieved) AAA
UKCAT REALLOW LOW 630

Not risky no-you should apply :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh, for medicine, those grades are a little low :/ But if you have a look at each of the medical schools' websites and apply to those that rely more on other factors (e.g. Predicted grades, UKCAT/BMAT, work experience, etc) then there's no reason why you shouldn't be a competitive applicant :smile: It's a strategic game applying to medicine :wink:

Where did you hear this?

Does this mean that even as a resitter (A*ABB) I will be guaranteed an interview as I got 9A*2A GCSE and 760 ukcat?!

thanks:smile: do you think i have a good chance of getting an interview with my stats?

Most likely yes but it depends on how well others perform.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid your GCSE's are weak for UEA. Unlikely you'll be interviewed

Original post by Dr. Django
Where did you hear this?

Does this mean that even as a resitter (A*ABB) I will be guaranteed an interview as I got 9A*2A GCSE and 760 ukcat?!

I have no idea what happens with resitters but I do know you stand a very high chance of an interview if you're not discriminated.

I applied last year so I know the procedure:smile: plus a FOI request was done too.
Most likely yes but it depends on how well others perform.

I'm afraid your GCSE's are weak for UEA. Unlikely you'll be interviewed

I have no idea what happens with resitters but I do know you stand a very high chance of an interview if you're not discriminated.

I applied last year so I know the procedure:smile: plus a FOI request was done too.

What if I got strong As/A2 results and a high UK at score?

Ok thanks that's awesome :smile: As far as I'm aware resitters aren't discriminated against, they just say we need an A* in one of our retake subjects I think!

This is good news then! Hopefully an interview coming my way :smile:
i have a feeling my ukcat is too low for uea:frown:
Am I suitable to apply here?
I've got 5A*'s and 5A's at GCSE. 4A's at AS and A*AAA at A2. UKCAT avg 640. Thanks
Do any of you know if you must resit the entire A Level if you missed the grade you were targetting first time round? Or if you narrowly missed it can you just resit one A2 module for instance?
Original post by lboyle426
Do any of you know if you must resit the entire A Level if you missed the grade you were targetting first time round? Or if you narrowly missed it can you just resit one A2 module for instance?

You can resit as few or as many as you like as far as I'm aware
Not sure whether to reapply here - got put on the waiting list post interview last year :frown:
Do they use PS to decide who they select for interview?
Hi guys!

Looking to apply to UEA this year, what do you reckon my chances are of getting to the interview stage??

GCSEs: 8A*s, As
ASs: AABBB
Predicted: A*A*AA
UKCAT: 632.5

Also, where else do you think I have a shot of getting into?:colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 59
Original post by priyanka44
Am I suitable to apply here?
I've got 5A*'s and 5A's at GCSE. 4A's at AS and A*AAA at A2. UKCAT avg 640. Thanks

Absolutely! You'll do brilliant :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending