The Student Room Group

City and Islington sixth form enrolment?!

I'm starting my first year of a levels at C&I and enrolment starts on wednesday and i'm enrolling on friday..

i'm so nervous because I know by the time i enrol practically all the spaces on courses will be gone!!!! i've applied for film studies, spanish, creative writing and english L&L (might drop english and just stick with 3 a levels though)

is anyone else enrolling here? and does anyone else worry the same as me?!
Reply 1
Yes. I had the same worry that I wouldn't be able to do history. So I enrolled elsewhere. I hope you get what you want.
I am enrolling for my 2nd year at c&I today, don't worry I had the same fear last year as I was also one of the last to enrol. But they have so many different classes in each subject it is very unlikely they will run out of space especially if you put down them subjects on your application form. However if they do there is a provisional 2 week period in which people change subjects & it is also very likely you can get a place on your chosen subject through that process
oh yeah and in my advice if your only doing 3 out of your subjects drop creative writing as most uni's don't accept it
Original post by chrissysox
I'm starting my first year of a levels at C&I and enrolment starts on wednesday and i'm enrolling on friday..

i'm so nervous because I know by the time i enrol practically all the spaces on courses will be gone!!!! i've applied for film studies, spanish, creative writing and english L&L (might drop english and just stick with 3 a levels though)

I am enrolling there today and going to do 4 AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
are you sure they have a lot of different classes? this was what i assumed initially, then when i got my letter it said 22 maximum per course?!?! and yeah i suppose you're right (about creative writing) but so many people say english is extremely difficult at a level! which does worry me..

Also what subjects did you pick? if you dont mind me asking
Reply 6
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I am enrolling there today and going to do 4 AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what have you applied for? :O

same here :colondollar: i have enrolment on Friday too and i'm also worried my subjects will be full cause they only have 22 in a class!!! i've applied to do 3 a-levels English literature, graphic communication and business studies but i need to tell them i'm changing to these first, i hope they're not full :frown:
what have you applied for? :O

I changed my mind because it is too far from where I live. But I am going to do biology, chemistry, physics and maths at another sixth form that is closer to my home:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
yeah exactly! because I assumed that there'd be 2 classes of maybe 10-20 people on each course which would give everyone a better chance :frown: what time are you enrolling? I enrol at 11am :/
Reply 10
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I changed my mind because it is too far from where I live. But I am going to do biology, chemistry, physics and maths at another sixth form that is closer to my home:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh so you never came to your enrolment then? :O but good luck anyway :smile:
oh so you never came to your enrolment then? :O but good luck anyway :smile:

No. Thanks. You too!!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah exactly! because I assumed that there'd be 2 classes of maybe 10-20 people on each course which would give everyone a better chance :frown: what time are you enrolling? I enrol at 11am :/

11:30
Hey guys, there's nothing to worry about I'm starting my A2s in September. A lot of you seem to be confused about the class sizes and stuff, for my sociology class we had around 12 sets of 20ish pupils.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KThanksBae
Hey guys, there's nothing to worry about I'm starting my A2s in September. A lot of you seem to be confused about the class sizes and stuff, for my sociology class we had around 12 sets of 20ish pupils.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you mean there were 12 sociology classes, each with 20 students in each class?
Reply 15
Original post by KThanksBae

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you serious? the enrolment letter makes it sound like only 22 people on the whole course!
Reply 16
I enrolled on friday around 10ish and psychology was full and that was one of my options so had to change it to media, so now im doing media, english lit and sociology. Then my friend enrolment was around 1 then they told her all the A-levels are ful that she has to be on the waiting list for all of her courses
Reply 17
Wow. Filled up so quick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its a maximum of 22 per class but there is around 5/6 classes per subject. I study economics,business & computer science & I just dropped maths . English isn't that bad if you do combination one straight English lit is meant to be hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest