The Student Room Group

Can I change colleges after a week into AS year?

I've enrolled into college already but I'm having second thoughts about whether or not this is the right college choice for me and I keep on worrying whether or not I'll cope well. So I was just thinking I could give it a go but if I don't like it there, is it possible for me to switch colleges so early on in the year?
Reply 1
Original post by woni101
I've enrolled into college already but I'm having second thoughts about whether or not this is the right college choice for me and I keep on worrying whether or not I'll cope well. So I was just thinking I could give it a go but if I don't like it there, is it possible for me to switch colleges so early on in the year?

Yes of course, that is what I am hoping to do, just as long as if you have of course enrolled on to the other college you wish to go to.
I wrote a formal letter to the two colleges I wanted to go to saying that my place in this college may not have my full approval, and they wrote back saying yes thats fine because the first week could be shown as a test run, however you must for some reason that I don't know, apply for the same course, at each of the colleges. This is what they told be but if I already wanted to do that course, but if someone tells you otherwise then you should probably listen to them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Norin
Yes of course, that is what I am hoping to do, just as long as if you have of course enrolled on to the other college you wish to go to.
I wrote a formal letter to the two colleges I wanted to go to saying that my place in this college may not have my full approval, and they wrote back saying yes thats fine because the first week could be shown as a test run, however you must for some reason that I don't know, apply for the same course, at each of the colleges. This is what they told be but if I already wanted to do that course, but if someone tells you otherwise then you should probably listen to them.

I missed my enrolment day for the other college because I thought I was certain I was going to go to the college I've already enrolled in.. do you think they would still have spaces left for me if I contacted them? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by woni101
I missed my enrolment day for the other college because I thought I was certain I was going to go to the college I've already enrolled in.. do you think they would still have spaces left for me if I contacted them? :s-smilie:

They may have late enrolment, my friend did that and they basically see if their are any extra spaces left in the course, their was for her but she had to stay after school to catch up, if their isnt then im sorry thats the final straw, but its best to try.
Reply 4
Original post by Norin
They may have late enrolment, my friend did that and they basically see if their are any extra spaces left in the course, their was for her but she had to stay after school to catch up, if their isnt then im sorry thats the final straw, but its best to try.

Okay thanks for the help! I'll make sure to contact them ASAP :eek:
Reply 5
Original post by woni101
Okay thanks for the help! I'll make sure to contact them ASAP :eek:

Good, tell me how it goes please. Also can I ask what college you are enrolled on or enrolling to, thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by Norin
Good, tell me how it goes please. Also can I ask what college you are enrolled on or enrolling to, thanks!

Will do :smile: and I've already enrolled at City&Islington but its quite far away so my other choice is more local, LSC.
Reply 7
Original post by woni101
Will do :smile: and I've already enrolled at City&Islington but its quite far away so my other choice is more local, LSC.

Good choice. The college I enrolled to is two hours away by bus, and that was not during rush hour.:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest