The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

MPhil Politics and International Studies 2024

Starting a group for applicants this winter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi ! I also applied for this program, which colleges did you choose ? Did you submit your application early ?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
I also applied for this program! I'm really nervous to see how it goes. Has any of your application status changed from Submitted yet? I keep checking, because I'm just really excited and nervous about this whole process. It is the first time I'm applying for this kind of program
I've applied for the POLIS PhD. I've been on 'under review' for a while. Looking at this thread from last year, decisions for both MPhil and PhD came out in late Jan.
Reply 4
My application is still under "Submitted". I'm also super nervous, and I keep checking to see if there's any change, even if apparently the decisions will come out in January :')

It's also my first time applying for this type of program, and it's even more stressful that I'm not from the UK, so I'm always super anxious to miss something !
Reply 5
Original post by styx99
My application is still under "Submitted". I'm also super nervous, and I keep checking to see if there's any change, even if apparently the decisions will come out in January :')

It's also my first time applying for this type of program, and it's even more stressful that I'm not from the UK, so I'm always super anxious to miss something !

Good luck. I'm sure you haven't missed anything.

Are you looking at any other UK programmes?
Reply 6
Original post by epad
Good luck. I'm sure you haven't missed anything.

Are you looking at any other UK programmes?

Thank you ! I'm going to apply to the MPhil in International Relations and the MPhil in Politics at Oxford, and I'm also thinking of applying to St Andrews for International Security, and the double degree in International Affairs with LSE-PKU
Reply 7
Original post by styx99
Thank you ! I'm going to apply to the MPhil in International Relations and the MPhil in Politics at Oxford, and I'm also thinking of applying to St Andrews for International Security, and the double degree in International Affairs with LSE-PKU

Nice. You should consider one of the KCL MAs as well if your interests lie in security/conflict.
Reply 8
I will look into King's MAs, thanks !

My application' status just changed to "under review" tonight, I'm super stressed :')
Original post by Anonymous #2
I've applied for the POLIS PhD. I've been on 'under review' for a while. Looking at this thread from last year, decisions for both MPhil and PhD came out in late Jan.

I also applied to the PhD programme. I think my status has changed to “under review” recently.
Anyone hear heard from any of the POLIS programmes at all?
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous #3
Anyone hear heard from any of the POLIS programmes at all?

No, I submitted my application on the 5th of December, and it's still under review by the department :')
Original post by styx99
No, I submitted my application on the 5th of December, and it's still under review by the department :')

This is strange.MPhil applicants usually hear from the Department before PhD applicants. However, none of the latter I know of have heard from the Dept. yet.
Reply 13
This is strange.MPhil applicants usually hear from the Department before PhD applicants. However, none of the latter I know of have heard from the Dept. yet.

My MPhil application is still under review as well. Last year people received results between January 21st and 24th, I think, so hopefully the nerve-wracking wait will soon be over.
No, still under review! I applied end of October.
do we know when results will come out? i thought people hear about rejections by january. do we know the number of places and applicants too?
Original post by Anonymous #5
do we know when results will come out? i thought people hear about rejections by january. do we know the number of places and applicants too?

I think we will know the result by the end of this week, probably on Friday or early next week. At least, I’m sure that out status in the applications will change at the end of January.
I think we will know the result by the end of this week, probably on Friday or early next week. At least, I’m sure that out status in the applications will change at the end of January.

this is very helpful! thank you! hopefully we all getgood results soon
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous #5
this is very helpful! thank you! hopefully we all getgood results soon

Same! Manifesting you guys all achieve your goals.
Reply 19
I think the degree committee meets tomorrow if I remember correctly and someone said that was significant last year. I think first decisions came out in the following days/week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending