The Student Room Group

how can I sit a functional skills exam maths/english level 2 asap for free?

i was diagnosed with adhd a few months ago and I missed papers for the exam unfortunately due to my carelessness, I am now medicated but colleges/schools start next week.

I have all the gcses I need but I need a maths and english qualification for the btec I want to do, I heard functional skills exam takes 5 days to receive.

would it be possible to ask the college and see if they will accommodate towards me if I can explain my situation?
Reply 1
Original post by ldn2so
i was diagnosed with adhd a few months ago and I missed papers for the exam unfortunately due to my carelessness, I am now medicated but colleges/schools start next week.

I have all the gcses I need but I need a maths and english qualification for the btec I want to do, I heard functional skills exam takes 5 days to receive.

would it be possible to ask the college and see if they will accommodate towards me if I can explain my situation?

Definitely always let them know what has happened to you and they would probably see your English and math grades based on your ability to speak or give you a quick test. Don’t worry school still accept a week after they acc open because that what happened to a couple of my friends when they wanted to change schools
Reply 2
Original post by bethany145
Definitely always let them know what has happened to you and they would probably see your English and math grades based on your ability to speak or give you a quick test. Don’t worry school still accept a week after they acc open because that what happened to a couple of my friends when they wanted to change schools

the course is btec it level 3 extended diploma and it takes a year, i really hope I can get in because I need to go uni next year otherwise I will be in trouble
Reply 3
Original post by ldn2so
the course is btec it level 3 extended diploma and it takes a year, i really hope I can get in because I need to go uni next year otherwise I will be in trouble

I also do level 3 btec extended diploma and trust as long as you get the grade required for that uni they won’t even care about the past

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending