The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Oooh, the thread lives again...

The good news is that my brain has finally kicked back into its learning gear, the bad news is that the rest of me still isn't wildly enthusiastic. I want to sleep.
And why-why-why do I have ages of nothing between my lectures? All I do is go to Tesco and buy things that have to lurk ominously in the bottom of my bag while I learn about vector spaces. I don't like having to cycle out of town when I want to go back in again within a couple of hours.

N.B. Coleslaw can survive 2.5 hours outside a fridge, and apparently taking courgettes to Maths is not entirely normal. Not that I'm reccommending you do either of those things.

Lou_, how're you?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 221
Tesco is sooo busy all the time!!!

I'm good! Although definitely not enjoying the work. I'm just not feeling motivated especially living in halls because I know there is always something much more fun to do! I miss freshers week lol. I've done no extra work this week.. just been taking lecture notes and that's it. oops. Will have to start working more lol!!!

Thanks for the tip about the coleslaw, it might come in handy sometime :p:
Please don't get food poisoning from eating food that hasn't been in the fridge...:s-smilie:

Ooooooh, does anyone know when we'll be getting our Aldi store?

*tries to pursuade self to go and do differential equations again*
Reply 223
is anyone going to the ball tonight?
Nope... I plan to develop the general sadness of my life by staying in with lots of pretty little differential equations.

=/ yay.
ImperceptibleNinja
Please don't get food poisoning from eating food that hasn't been in the fridge...:s-smilie:

Ooooooh, does anyone know when we'll be getting our Aldi store?

*tries to pursuade self to go and do differential equations again*

Last time I seen it it was still a building site so Im guessing not for a while. I hope its soon though, I dont know how long my budget will last without it! I wonder if Tescos and Morrisons will go bust from lack of student custom when it opens :p:
This place needs a poundland. Then tesco's WILL go bust!

Where are all the pound shops that sell useless useful crap?!
All the pound-shops have accumulated in Irvine. I'm sure they have a Greggs as well, and possibly a Woolworths. Back in the day, they had a WHSmith, but it was, sadly, replaced by yet another shop selling things for a pound.

It's odd how the pound shops even wiped out the 99p shops. How does that work?!

[The nearest pound shops I've seen are in Dundee, so once you've got yourself over there, you might as well have paid more and bought stuff in St A's. Then again, they have music shops there.]
Indeedly so. I have no idea about the whole poundland/99p shop thing. It seems strange - but poundland is really useful. Practical stuff for a pound, like toiletries and teabags, and garden shovels. While the 99p shops only sold black and wash cloths...

I have lost all ability to type.
Reply 229
When I went to Tescos yesterday, it was FULL to the brim of pashmina wearing girls-pretty much no men there whatsoever. However, this was explained when I was told St Andrews has an abnormally odd male:female ratio- i.e. heavely biased towards the latter. Who am I to complain? But yeah- really busy. The Morrisons is ages to walk though. They should open a Sainsburys or something.
Asda. I love asda. i come home every other weekend JUST so i can shop at asda. Smart price chocolate.
Reply 231
Ranting time!

Stupid LI1001 staff left out the vowels part of today's test. 10% of the mark of the test. Arghhhhh!

Plus, dipthongs are evil
Reply 232
what are people doing for reading week? im going home tomorrow :smile:
gutted i couldn't participate in the foam fight D:
Reply 234
Why not?
=o You didn't get foamy?!
You missed the foam??? You poor thing! (Sorry, that's not meant to sound so patronising!) How come?
I still havent even seen the foam fight due to being too drunk 2 years running! Never mind, meby next year I might get to see it though if I decide to have kids of my own probably not! ha ha!
Doctor's orders! I'm not allowed to get anything in my ear or I'll die D:

Not really, I won die :tongue: But I cant have shaving foam going near my ears, i get eally bad infections and am mostly deaf in my right ear. It sucks, i can never hear anyone who sits to the right of me, and people get annoyed when i ask them to repeat something twenty times.
Thats weird, I am almost deaf in my right ear too. And my doctor would probably have killed me if he saw me there. I shouldnt have gone, I have major earache now, but it was worth it!

Latest

Trending

Trending