The Student Room Group

Israel Claims (i.e. Steals) 400 Hectares In West Bank For 'State Use'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skip_Snip
What's with all the emotive language? They didn't "steal" it as it didn't belong to anyone. How has there been a "massacre" when ten thousand Palestinians have been killed in about fifty years?

The entire point of this thread is to spread the narrative that Israel is irredeemably evil. It is not designed to be a reasoned discussion but a polemic. No sane person would look at the world and see ISIS taking over Iraq and Syria and Russia trying to take over Ukraine and say that Israel taking a tiny slither of land that has no sovereignty is the most important thing to be talking about right now.
Reply 21
Original post by UniOfLife
What has the Schutzstaffel got to do with this?

It's an initialism for Settler State.
Original post by tsr1269
It's an initialism for Settler State.

Is that a rock band? :confused:
Reply 23
Is that a rock band? :confused:

Yes. They apparently knock your socks off with a rock. (<One of the lyrics from their upcoming album: Genocide in Gaza v2)
Original post by tsr1269
Yes. They apparently knock your socks off with a rock. (<One of the lyrics from their upcoming album: Genocide in Gaza v2)

Must be from their number one single "Jews returning home" or maybe their other song "3,000 years of Jewish Israel"
Reply 25
Must be from their number one single "Jews returning home" or maybe their other song "3,000 years of Jewish Israel"

I thought you claimed ignorance of them?
Original post by tsr1269
I thought you claimed ignorance of them?

Nah. Ignorance is your shtick.
Reply 27
Nah. Ignorance is your shtick.

Hark at you.
Original post by tsr1269
Hark at you.

Good idea, you might learn something.
Reply 29
Good idea, you might learn something.

Why are you still here? Don't you have anything better to do than parrot my words?
Original post by tsr1269
Why are you still here? Don't you have anything better to do than parrot my words?

You know why I'm here, I've told you numerous times before. Not my fault you keep posting nonsense.
Reply 31
You know why I'm here, I've told you numerous times before. Not my fault you keep posting nonsense.

Ah, you mean "nonsense" like that little challenge that you gave me? :rolleyes:
I'm way too lazy to use Wikipedia now, but can someone clear this up for me -

1) What is/was Mandatory Palestine? How come Palestine only consists of the Gaza Strip and West Bank?
2) How was the Israeli state founded? Did the Balfour Declaration play a part in it at all? Where there any events during WWI/II that led up to this?
3) Isn't Israel supplying Palestine with free electricity and water services?

Cause if it was Israeli land to begin with, well...
Original post by tsr1269
Ah, you mean "nonsense" like that little challenge that you gave me? :rolleyes:

If you're referring to the time when you tried to claim that despite at least 75% of the Gaza Strip being arid or agricultural land, Hamas were physically unable to fire from those areas because they wouldn't be able to kill enough Israelis that way, then yes that's a good example.
Reply 34
If you're referring to the time when you tried to claim that despite at least 75% of the Gaza Strip being arid or agricultural land, Hamas were physically unable to fire from those areas because they wouldn't be able to kill enough Israelis that way, then yes that's a good example.

Have I thanked you for asking me to engage in that little research?
Reply 35
Original post by Another

1) What is/was Mandatory Palestine? How come Palestine only consists of the Gaza Strip and West Bank?
2) How was the Israeli state founded? Did the Balfour Declaration play a part in it at all? Where there any events during WWI/II that led up to this?

Resident Zionist

We'll let our resident Zionist, UniofLife, educate us all.

UniOfLife, if you would care to begin?
Original post by Another

This is off-topic and should be posted in the Israel/Palestine thread in the International subforum.

But in very brief Jews had been returning to the historic Land of Israel in significant numbers from around the 1890s. By the 1920s it was agreed that the Jews should have their own state in that region and the Balfour Declaration was a part of that. In 1922 everything East of the Jordan River was formed into a new country which is now called Jordan. The events of WW2 and the increase in Jewish refugees made it a more pressing issue to finalise the deal. In 1947 the UN voted to partition the rest of the Mandate into two countries one for Jews one for Arab. The Jews accepted the plan and the Arab rejected it.

In 1948 when the Mandate finished Israel declared itself a state, the Arabs did not declare a state but instead the combined armies of Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq invaded the area. When the fighting ended in 1949 Jordan was in control of the West Bank and Egypt controlled Gaza. Israel had control of everything else. Between 1949 and 1967 Jordan and Egypt remained in control of those lands not changing them into a separate sovereign state - in fact Jordan officially annexed the West Bank. In the 1967 Six Day War Israel defeated Egypt and Jordan and ended up in control of the West Bank and Gaza. The Palestininians have never had sovereignty over any land and only achieved self-rule over parts of the West Bank and Gaza in the mid 90s after the Oslo Accords.

That is a very brief and general introduction to the history. Any further discussion should take place in the thread I mentioned a the start of the post.
could not care less

it is not israelis raping thousands of white children in the uk everyear

it is not israelis who bombed us on 7/7

it is not israelis that are a terrorist threat to britain

it is not israelis spreading hate from mosques and schools and trying to take over schools in places like birmingham

i do not give a **** about muslim palestine
Reply 38
Original post by HeritageofEurope
could not care less

it is not israelis raping thousands of white children in the uk everyear

it is not israelis who bombed us on 7/7

it is not israelis that are a terrorist threat to britain

it is not israelis spreading hate from mosques and schools and trying to take over schools in places like birmingham

i do not give a **** about muslim palestine

What about "Christian Palestine"?
Original post by tsr1269
What about "Christian Palestine"?

i am an atheist and indifferent to any religion. i have a particular contempt for islam which i believe is inherently evil

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending