The Student Room Group

My abusive mum wants my CTF

So for reference I am a 17 yr old girl who has been placed back and forth from my grandparents house(absolutely amazing people) and from my mums house. My mum was extremely abusive to me while growing up and blamed me for my dad leaving ( he wanted me aborted) while I am sympathetic to the fact I basically ruined her life ( I was born a month before her 19th birthday) I don’t feel like I owe her everything especially considering everything she has put me through, I am on anti depressants and have extremely bad days where I cannot get out of bed, she likes to call this laziness while my nanny is always there for me to give me a shoulder to cry on. But now my mum has been nicer and buying me random things like liquid for my ecig and saying somewhat nice things to me except for the other day while my auntie was helping me apply for a job in the child care place where she works. My mum flat out stated I wouldn’t go and wouldn’t do anything with my life and that I would just stay in bed and make a joke of my auntie, my mum literally wouldn’t shut up. She keeps on threatening me with my CTF and claims she needs to be there but is also saying she can control it somehow it’s showing up on her banking app as it does mine, it’s making me really nervous can she take it out? She keeps making jokes about how much I’ve cost her despite the fact she choose to have me. My entire life she’s literally put me through hell can she actually steal my ctf money? Because my plan is to leave it until I’m 21 so the interest goes up, I’ve been the only one putting money into it for the last 4 years and I’ve gotten it up to £890 she’s put about £5 into it and feels entitled to it. What do I do?

I’ve been working since I was 15 but when I got the depression diagnoses I quit and went back to school then dropped out and went to college instead then once again dropped out because I wasn’t doing well mentally all my mum has done is bullied me because of this.
Your mother cannot control your CTF once you are an adult and will stop being visible on her app then.

The CTF will mature on your 18th birthday and on that day you will automatically take over the account.
Until you withdraw or transfer the money to an adult ISA, it will stay in the account and nobody else will be able to access it.

When you are 18, your mother may either try to force you into transferring all the money into one of her bank accounts or try to emotionally blackmail you into loaning her some of the money.
Don't let her have a penny of your CTF money, no matter what she says or does.

Be very alert in case your mother tries to steal your money, from your wallet or somewhere else.
Don't allow her to have access to any device you use for online banking and keep all your login info out of her sight.

Try to move away as soon as you can and don't let your mother know where you live or have any way of finding your contact info.
If she has any nasty friends that works in the banking, healthcare or legal professions- she may ask them to help her rob you of your CTF money.
11 years ago my mother stole my life savings with the help of one of her vile friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending