The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well it depends on which uni. If its a top class uni then i doubt they would accept you with anything lower than a C in those subjects. And if you are doing thoese subjects at uni, then you will probably need higher than a C. On the other hand if you were going to a not as good uni then they probably would accept you with a very low grade. The uni in my town can be counted as one of those.
Reply 2
trev1122
GCSE Math and English grade C and above are part of the entry requirements. If some people get a grade D or E, would they still be able to go into uni even if they have low/average/or high tariff points?

I heard that some people got in with jjust GCSE Math and English at grade D.

Most good unis (depending on the course) ask for a C in maths, English lang and a foreign language. If you don't have these, I would consider retaking them if you want to get into a top uni
Reply 3
For my GCSE Maths and German, I got Ds :frown:

I still have offers to study at two top unis though!! :smile:

Just ensure that your passion for your chosen subject comes across in your personal statement :wink:
Reply 4
pepper

Just ensure that your passion for your chosen subject comes across in your personal statement :wink:

well done, wot and where are you studying?
Reply 5
pepper

Oh well done! If you dont mind me asking what uni/course and what are your a-levels like?

Latest

Trending

Trending