This discussion is closed.
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
GCSE Math and English grade C and above are part of the entry requirements. If some people get a grade D or E, would they still be able to go into uni even if they have low/average/or high tariff points?

I heard that some people got in with jjust GCSE Math and English at grade D.
jyuk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well it depends on which uni. If its a top class uni then i doubt they would accept you with anything lower than a C in those subjects. And if you are doing thoese subjects at uni, then you will probably need higher than a C. On the other hand if you were going to a not as good uni then they probably would accept you with a very low grade. The uni in my town can be counted as one of those.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by trev1122)
GCSE Math and English grade C and above are part of the entry requirements. If some people get a grade D or E, would they still be able to go into uni even if they have low/average/or high tariff points?

I heard that some people got in with jjust GCSE Math and English at grade D.
Most good unis (depending on the course) ask for a C in maths, English lang and a foreign language. If you don't have these, I would consider retaking them if you want to get into a top uni
pepper
Report 16 years ago
For my GCSE Maths and German, I got Ds

I still have offers to study at two top unis though!!

Just ensure that your passion for your chosen subject comes across in your personal statement
jyuk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pepper)

Just ensure that your passion for your chosen subject comes across in your personal statement
well done, wot and where are you studying?
young_free
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pepper)

Oh well done! If you dont mind me asking what uni/course and what are your a-levels like?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (112)
55.17%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.88%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
9.36%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (48)
23.65%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (8)
3.94%

Watched Threads