German = 9
Electronics = 7
Bio = 8
Chem = 8
Phys = 8
maths = 8
French = 8
History = 8
If I receive A*A*A * predicted, is it likely to get into UCL?
Definitely, I’m pretty sure they’re not looking for three U grades
Original post by EH166
In GCSE's I recieved:
English lang = 6
English Lit = 6
German = 9
Electronics = 7
Bio = 8
Chem = 8
Phys = 8
maths = 8
French = 8
History = 8

Assuming that you are taking Maths A-level you would have a good chance of an offer.
Original post by tedibare
Definitely, I’m pretty sure they’re not looking for three U grades

How can you know they will 'definitely' get into any University?
Please do not give misleading 'advice'. Unless you are part of the admissions team at UCL you don't have a clue how their application compares.
Original post by McGinger
How can you know they will 'definitely' get into any University?
Please do not give misleading 'advice'. Unless you are part of the admissions team at UCL you don't have a clue how their application compares.

ok then, but I would like to know what university would reject an A* student??
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Assuming that you are taking Maths A-level you would have a good chance of an offer.

taking further maths, but at my school, they just count it as one subject, since they say that if you are good enough to do further maths, it should not count as an extra subject.
Reply 6

just wondering, becuase my GCSE's were not that good, compared to many of my classmates anyways. And the 6's in English don't look great tbh.
Original post by EH166
just wondering, becuase my GCSE's were not that good, compared to many of my classmates anyways. And the 6's in English don't look great tbh.

"All programmes require GCSE or equivalent passes in English Language and Mathematics at grade 5 or higher." (https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/application/entry-requirements/level-and-gcse-qualifications)

You've met/exceeded the GCSE entry requirements of 5's in Maths and English so I wouldn't worry too much. From what I've heard, top universities put a much greater emphasis on your A Level grades, personal statement and teacher reference so as long as you have a personal statement that reflects your enthusiasm and dedication to study Economics, you stand a good chance of being accepted.

If you're taking A Level Further Maths, you're greatly strengthening your application.

Hope this helps!
(edited 3 years ago)

Any oversubscribed course that uses GCSE’s and the personal statement in their scoring process could frequently reject applicants with A* predictions. We certainly do for our top courses.

We would - because of the thousand other people applying with A* grade predictions.
Original post by EH166
taking further maths, but at my school, they just count it as one subject, since they say that if you are good enough to do further maths, it should not count as an extra subject.

So are you taking Maths, Further Maths and one other A-level, or Maths/Further Maths and two other A-levels?
Reply 11
Original post by ageshallnot
So are you taking Maths, Further Maths and one other A-level, or Maths/Further Maths and two other A-levels?

maths, further maths, german, economics
Original post by EH166
maths, further maths, german, economics

As above. You have a good chance of an offer if you apply. (And zero chance if you don't.)
Original post by EH166
In GCSE's I recieved:
English lang = 6
English Lit = 6
German = 9
Electronics = 7
Bio = 8
Chem = 8
Phys = 8
maths = 8
French = 8
History = 8

Hi I have similar GCSEs to you and I am predicted 3 A*s in Maths, Physics and Economics. I just wanted to know if you ever got an offer or not... My GCSEs: Maths - 9 Chemistry - 9 Physics - 8 Biology - 8 History - 8 Spanish - 8 RE - 7 Computer Science - 7 English Lit - 7 English Lang - 6 I am considering applying to UCL for Economics. Any help would be appreciated
Original post by hkjsdghjkasbn
Hi I have similar GCSEs to you and I am predicted 3 A*s in Maths, Physics and Economics. I just wanted to know if you ever got an offer or not... My GCSEs: Maths - 9 Chemistry - 9 Physics - 8 Biology - 8 History - 8 Spanish - 8 RE - 7 Computer Science - 7 English Lit - 7 English Lang - 6 I am considering applying to UCL for Economics. Any help would be appreciated

Offer making could have been very different under COVID. If you have a similar profile, apply.
Original post by Admit-One
Offer making could have been very different under COVID. If you have a similar profile, apply.

Alright, thanks for your help. Do you think I have a high chance of getting an offer?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by hkjsdghjkasbn
Alright, thanks for your help. Do you think I have a high chance of getting an offer?

I’d just be guessing, but if your GCSE profile is similar to the above then I think you’d seriously be considered.
Original post by Admit-One
I’d just be guessing, but if your GCSE profile is similar to the above then I think you’d seriously be considered.

Thanks a lot, I will definitely apply there!
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending