The Student Room Group

Why do they surrender?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by everyonemustpay
No one is impressed by you keyboard warrior. What you would probably do when confronted by ISIS is quickly defecate in your garments and become catatonic with shock.

no mate, id get my ak-47 guns blazing, fight those who are destroying Islam, real jihad is fighting ISIS, those that destroy the graves of our prophets, never surrender till death

they would force me to say "IS is eternal" and my reply would be the same as this man

[video="youtube;VBRbj1c0lzA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBRbj1c0lzA[/video]

"by god we will destroy you" words from the heart
Original post by Aj12
But then look at the countless Germans who surrendered to the Soviets or the Allied troops that did surrender to the Japanese because plenty did.

Like I said in my first post I don't think anyone here can understand what it is like to be in a completely hopeless situation. Many of these troops were badly armed, poorly lead and badly demoralised its a wonder they made it to the fight at all.

I'm sure we'd all like to imagine we would grab a gun and die in a glorious hail of bullets, taking down countless terrorists but until you are there you will not know how you will react.

What would you do, do you imagine?
Reply 22
Original post by Aj12
I don't think anyone on this forum, bar a few, will understand the mentality of a man in a warzone.

I don't think many people on this forum understand the mentalities of humans in general, regardless of whether they are in a warzone.

But a good point very well made.
Obviously their morale was completely broken and they had already given up in their own minds. Iraq has been torn by years of civil war to the point where its people do not recognise themselves as Iraqis. When you stop to consider that, it is easy to see why they would not be motivated to fight. Also they were not straight told they would die, they most probably were told they would be sent back home if they surrendered.
Original post by aka r
no mate, id get my ak-47 guns blazing, fight those who are destroying Islam, real jihad is fighting ISIS, those that destroy the graves of our prophets, never surrender till death

they would force me to say "IS is eternal" and my reply would be the same as this man

[video="youtube;VBRbj1c0lzA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBRbj1c0lzA[/video]

"by god we will destroy you" words from the heart

I don't want to be rude but do you have combat experience?
Reply 25
Original post by Major_Bscuit
I don't want to be rude but do you have combat experience?

nope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending