The Student Room Group

How can I improve my sleep quality and duration?

The struggle with my sleep has persisted for nearly 5-7 years, a prolonged battle that engulfs my nights.

In the realm of nocturnal existence, I find myself functioning optimally. In a utopian scenario, I would effortlessly execute immensely productive all-night ventures and surrender to slumber during daylight hours (an endeavor well within my capacity).

Nevertheless, the demands of my profession, which I ardently toiled to attain and cherish, are firmly anchored in diurnal rhythms. Consequently, during the night, I reluctantly surrender to sleep at a tardy hour (around 3-4 am), only to be roused at 7 am. I labor through the day, somewhat fatigued in the best-case scenario and exceedingly drowsy, if not lethargic, at the worst. The cycle perpetuates itself. By the time work concludes, typically around 5-6 pm, I find myself engaging in activities with friends, hobbies, or workouts, all the while grappling with moderate weariness. However, as the clock approaches 10 pm, an unforeseen revitalization seizes me, and I am once again brimming with energy, dedicating the subsequent 4-5 hours to indulging in Netflix.

I have attempted various remedies to mitigate this dilemma. I have tried retiring to bed at 11 pm, distancing myself from electronic devices, abstaining from screens entirely, and engaging in arduous evening workouts, in the hope that exhaustion would inevitably pave the way to sleep.
Reply 2
You can improve your sleep by doing a workout and exercise in the open and green places can really make the difference you will have deep sleep

Quick Reply

Latest