The Student Room Group

Urgently need a tenancy takeover in Liverpool!

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to take over my tenancy in a 6 bedroom shared university accommodation in Horizon Heights across from Lime Street Station. It's an en-suite room with a 3/4 double bed with great view across the city. The flatmates are lovely welcoming people. Other amenities and features include an onsite launderette a sky lounge and rooftop terrace, multiple shared communal spaces and a quiet study room.

I'm really quite desperate to find a tenant as I'm dropping out of university.

The rent is £155pw and this is a very in-demand building.

Thanks!
Reply 1
If you are in your first week there maybe a cancellation policy. What was the rental term agreement ?
Original post by Ashinski
If you are in your first week there maybe a cancellation policy. What was the rental term agreement ?

They require me to find a new tenant. It’s 44 weeks I believe.
Reply 3
From Citizens advice site

"If you have a fixed term agreement and for some reason you want to move out of halls before the end of the fixed term, you can only end the agreement early if:

there is a term in your agreement, known as a break clause, which allows you to end the agreement early. The break clause should say how much notice you have to give, or
your landlord agrees to you ending the agreement early. This is called surrender."

This is quite common for people to change their minds. If your landlord is not being helpful then ask citizens advice there must be a legal way out of the agreement.

Hope you find a resolution obviously it is a high demand area so finding someone to take over the agreement would be ideal. Maybe the Students Union could help advise too.

"If you have a fixed term agreement and for some reason you want to move out of halls before the end of the fixed term, you can only end the agreement early if:

there is a term in your agreement, known as a break clause, which allows you to end the agreement early. The break clause should say how much notice you have to give, or
your landlord agrees to you ending the agreement early. This is called surrender."

This is quite common for people to change their minds. If your landlord is not being helpful then ask citizens advice there must be a legal way out of the agreement.

Hope you find a resolution obviously it is a high demand area so finding someone to take over the agreement would be ideal. Maybe the Students Union could help advise too.

I was advised by the student support team that this is my only option

It’s very normal for the tenant to be liable for the remaining rent unless they find a replacement. Your quote confirms this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending