The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

University of West England Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ewalsh7
I only lived in a city (Exeter) and it was really on the outskirts, for 8 months as a kid so I want to live in the city for once instead of the countryside! Oh yeah I see:/ I'm just going to go to the open day in March and have a look around!

I'm the same except much further north! Think I'll go to the applicant day and that'll hopefully make my decision as to whether I want to go to UWE, then I can firm it. Then I'll go to the open day to decide on accommodation just before applications start :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by grrraccce
I'm the same except much further north! Think I'll go to the applicant day and that'll hopefully make my decision as to whether I want to go to UWE, then I can firm it. Then I'll go to the open day to decide on accommodation just before applications start :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha I see well I'm even further south now! Good idea, I've made UWE my firm already which I know I will get into! Im going to the Open Day to really just confirm that I want to go to Marketgate, but I'm pretty certain I'm going anyway if I get a position. They start doing accommodation end of March don't they! Which we had an exact date!
Original post by ewalsh7
Aha I see well I'm even further south now! Good idea, I've made UWE my firm already which I know I will get into! Im going to the Open Day to really just confirm that I want to go to Marketgate, but I'm pretty certain I'm going anyway if I get a position. They start doing accommodation end of March don't they! Which we had an exact date!

Think I'm definitely going to be one of the most northern people at UWE:') Yeah, I think it's really good that you can apply so early because that way they allocate accommodation in April/May, then you've got the summer with nothing to worry about, unlike people at other Uni's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think I'm definitely going to be one of the most northern people at UWE:') Yeah, I think it's really good that you can apply so early because that way they allocate accommodation in April/May, then you've got the summer with nothing to worry about, unlike people at other Uni's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You up Newcastle way? Imagine what the international students are like!? Yeah that's the good thing... Get it all sorted early and you don't have to worry!
Original post by ewalsh7
You up Newcastle way? Imagine what the international students are like!? Yeah that's the good thing... Get it all sorted early and you don't have to worry!

Not quite that far north, Manchester! When you planning on doing student finance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not quite that far north, Manchester! When you planning on doing student finance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, I have UCLan in Preston as my insurance! It's just quite far away for me! You gonna be long way from home but you will most likely love it! As soon as possible really, I've registered, just can't apply yet as they haven't put the stuff on their website
Original post by ewalsh7
Oh right, I have UCLan in Preston as my insurance! It's just quite far away for me! You gonna be long way from home but you will most likely love it! As soon as possible really, I've registered, just can't apply yet as they haven't put the stuff on their website

Yeah I know, I might struggle at first! Most people from the north go to Uni's up here, nobody really ventures down south:') Same here, I want to get it done so I know how much I've got to spend on accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I know, I might struggle at first! Most people from the north go to Uni's up here, nobody really ventures down south:') Same here, I want to get it done so I know how much I've got to spend on accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same down south too, everyone was saying how north Preston was haha! Yeah exactly it's nice to know how much (or should I say little) you have to spend! Oh the struggle :/
Original post by ewalsh7
Same down south too, everyone was saying how north Preston was haha! Yeah exactly it's nice to know how much (or should I say little) you have to spend! Oh the struggle :/

The furthest south any of my friends have gone is Birmingham:') I might have to go for city centre accommodation if I don't get much allowance... Student life at its finest isn't it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The furthest south any of my friends have gone is Birmingham:') I might have to go for city centre accommodation if I don't get much allowance... Student life at its finest isn't it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see and that ain't too South anyway! To be fair I don't think it's much cheaper anyway! Oh yeah I know right! Need a small part time job while at Uni!
Original post by ewalsh7
I see and that ain't too South anyway! To be fair I don't think it's much cheaper anyway! Oh yeah I know right! Need a small part time job while at Uni!

I've got a job sorted, thankfully! The Uni advertises loads of jobs apparently so I'm sure you'll find something :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got a job sorted, thankfully! The Uni advertises loads of jobs apparently so I'm sure you'll find something :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Already? Lucky what's it involve? Yeah I'm sure I will find something for extra cash!
Original post by ewalsh7
Already? Lucky what's it involve? Yeah I'm sure I will find something for extra cash!

The joy that is retail haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The joy that is retail haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who doesn't love retail eh? Haha! I'm a cinema assistant at a small local cinema! :smile:
Original post by ewalsh7
Who doesn't love retail eh? Haha! I'm a cinema assistant at a small local cinema! :smile:

Aw, that's cute haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw, that's cute haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it's a lot easier than being a waiter that's for sure!
Original post by ewalsh7
Haha it's a lot easier than being a waiter that's for sure!

Or working at a bar, trust me haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joeey
Yeah im pretty sure that's the case to be honest, and i have my results already so theres no rush or anything atm! :smile: I applied for digital art and technology at Plymouth, Mobile technology at UWE and multimedia web design at Gloucestershire. So including my first choice which is digital media at UWE there are only 4! I hope i get offers from all to be honest. I think Plymouth would be my last resort since its pretty far down south compared to Bristol. :smile: No offers yet, haven't been able to get onto track yet though as i have not received my welcome letter in the post!

Nice choices! I also applied for MWD at Gloucester & really wanted to apply for DA&T at Plymouth but didnt have the A-Level points (went for Internet Design instead which looks kinda the same). Plymouth is pretty far away from anywhere but the city is really beautiful and it's nowhere as expensive to get a good room there (compared to Bristol).
And you should be able to get onto track without the post letter; they shouldve sent you a welcome email with the details & another email if something changes (ie you get an offer/rejection). Dont think anyone could be doing with hanging around waiting for two weeks tbh...
Reply 198
Original post by charlox
Nice choices! I also applied for MWD at Gloucester & really wanted to apply for DA&T at Plymouth but didnt have the A-Level points (went for Internet Design instead which looks kinda the same). Plymouth is pretty far away from anywhere but the city is really beautiful and it's nowhere as expensive to get a good room there (compared to Bristol).
And you should be able to get onto track without the post letter; they shouldve sent you a welcome email with the details & another email if something changes (ie you get an offer/rejection). Dont think anyone could be doing with hanging around waiting for two weeks tbh...

Awesome, so you pretty much have applied for the same uni's and courses as me! Yeah just looked through some emails and discovered it, i somehow missed it haha. Tried to log in then but there doing maintenance till monday -_- just my luck hahaha!
Original post by Joeey
Awesome, so you pretty much have applied for the same uni's and courses as me! Yeah just looked through some emails and discovered it, i somehow missed it haha. Tried to log in then but there doing maintenance till monday -_- just my luck hahaha!

I've been to Plymouth numerous times, nice place with lots of shops and it's different than other cities as its situated in a more rural county! Just acknowledge that outside Plymouth there's not much going on... So it will be good if you enjoy the peace and quiet so to speak...although Plymouth itself can be lively at some times and other times not so much! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending