The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

University of West England Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for BSc Psychology/Sociology, currently studying for A-levels in English Language, Psychology and Photography. Although I've only been to Bristol once, I love the general character of the city, there are sooo many wicked events there, brilliants arts/culture scene, I have plenty of friends that live there and it just seems perfect for me!
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Hi, I applied for Digital Media BSc and got an offer this week. I'm currently doing A-levels in Eng Lit, ICT and applied business. Went to an open day a few weeks ago and was very impressed. Love the course, accommodation and the city. It has everything you need. :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by KellyJ123
Hi, I applied for Digital Media BSc and got an offer this week. I'm currently doing A-levels in Eng Lit, ICT and applied business. Went to an open day a few weeks ago and was very impressed. Love the course, accommodation and the city. It has everything you need. :smile:

Well done on your offer!!

Original post by thrbaxter333
I'm applying for BSc Psychology/Sociology, currently studying for A-levels in English Language, Psychology and Photography. Although I've only been to Bristol once, I love the general character of the city, there are sooo many wicked events there, brilliants arts/culture scene, I have plenty of friends that live there and it just seems perfect for me!

All good reasons to want to go to UWE. Is UWE your first choice then? :smile:
Original post by LouieSax
Well done on your offer!!

All good reasons to want to go to UWE. Is UWE your first choice then? :smile:

Thanks!! UWE is definitely my first choice. What about you, is UWE going to be your first choice?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 64
Thanks!! UWE is definitely my first choice. What about you, is UWE going to be your first choice?

UWE is most definitely my favorite university out of the ones I have applied for, however, my other unis are very close in comparison, so I would love to go to any of my university choices, fingers crossed for offers now really haha :L
Original post by LouieSax
UWE is most definitely my favorite university out of the ones I have applied for, however, my other unis are very close in comparison, so I would love to go to any of my university choices, fingers crossed for offers now really haha :L

Good Luck! Hope you don't have to wait too long for offers. :smile:
Reply 66
Good Luck! Hope you don't have to wait too long for offers. :smile:

Oh thank you and same to you, good luck :smile:
Hi everyone.:smile:
I was wondering if someone already received a decision from UWE? especially for Politics and IR
On their site I've read that they try to answer as quick as possible. It's been 2 weeks since I've sent my application but they still gave me no answer.
Reply 68
UWE was the fastest for me, they responded with in hours of UCAS sending my application😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think I should email them for an update?
Reply 70
All uni's are different for each course, they have until the 7th of May to respond, it's totally up to you😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I know that but I already received one decision so I am kind of impatient.

And I found this on their site " If you have been waiting three weeks or more please contact us for an update."
Hey guys,
I just received an offer from UWE for Politics and IR, but I have a question regarding their requirements.
They told me what grades should I take in my final exams but they also added :
"Also obtain a pass in GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or above, or a UWE recognised equivalent qualification such as those provided by www.equivalencytesting.com."

What I do not understand is why are they asking me these as on my ucas application they saw I don't take extra exams.I would be thankfull is someone would explain that to me.

Besides, is it hard for a student to get a job in Bristol?

Thanks again. >:biggrin:<
i'm applying for events management but can't visit for an open day :frown: can anybody tell me what it's like ??
Reply 74
I've received an offer from UWE for Computer Science. Currently studying Maths, Biology and ICT. I had a quick look around some of the Frenchay campus when I was on my way over to Glenside to stay with a friend. They're both really nice!
I'm applying for mental health nursing! I'm currently studying psychology, sociology and applied science! my predicted grades are AAB so really hoping I get an interview offer soon,the suspense is killing me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got an offer for management with marketing!😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got rejected grom Foundation Degree for Health Professions :frown:
But still, I have applied for Physiotherapy at UWE and I have a question: Do you guys think I could get into Physiotherapy with DDD in BTEC Sport, personal statement saying my motivation for this course and good reference? :confused:
Is it bad that I haven't applied yet?- I defiantly will soon It was great!!! I am just waiting for one of my predicted grades to go up!!!
I want to do LLB Law and went to the open day today and it was amazing!- There are some rally great law-related extra-curricular clubs and travelling that is available!
Anyone else applying for law or someone that hasn't applied yet but definitely wants so go?
If you are applying law what A-Levels are you applying with?
Original post by AgnesWeasley
I just got rejected grom Foundation Degree for Health Professions :frown:
But still, I have applied for Physiotherapy at UWE and I have a question: Do you guys think I could get into Physiotherapy with DDD in BTEC Sport, personal statement saying my motivation for this course and good reference? :confused:

I'd say BTEC Sport is not going to be an advantage, might offer you a place in Sports Therapy & Rehab

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending