The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

University of West England Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi all I'm looking at applying for graphic design I'm currently finishing off my second year at college doing a extended diploma in interactive media which although it doesn't sound like it is in fact an art course :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 81
Hey everyone I'm applying for English at UWE :smile:
I'm currently on a gap year and hope to send my application off in a few day. UWE is my first choice by a very long way, so I really hope I get in.
Getting really nervous though because I know it's tariff based and I have 320 of the required 300 points but they come from four completed alevels. Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing :frown: anyone have any ideas whether this sets me at a disadvantage?
Also for the record applying whilst on a gap year has been a complete pain! My old college have been useless, wish I was at uni already! Feel as if by already having concrete grades I'm at a disadvantage. Anyway I'm just freaking myself out!
:smile:
Reply 82
Hey guys! I am applying for early childhood, sent it yesterday on 10 November.
I am doing Art, health and social care A Levels and Business Btec which is equivalent to A Level, I'm applying because I have heard it's a good uni and I liked it on the open day. I am also from Bristol anyway so :smile: would still want to live in accommodation though. If anyone has any questions about Bristol let me know

Original post by LouieSax
Hey guys :smile:
Thought I'd make a thread to find anyone who is applying for the University of West England for September 2015 entry. So, to get it started, thought it would be best to leave a list of questions:

What course are you applying for?
What course are you currently doing? i.e. A Levels, BTEC?
Why the University of West England?
Have you been for an open day or a visit?

Thought we could use this thread to keep up to date on applications and just general news about the University of West England! :smile:
Original post by LouieSax
Hey guys :smile:
Thought I'd make a thread to find anyone who is applying for the University of West England for September 2015 entry. So, to get it started, thought it would be best to leave a list of questions:

What course are you applying for?
What course are you currently doing? i.e. A Levels, BTEC?
Why the University of West England?
Have you been for an open day or a visit?

Thought we could use this thread to keep up to date on applications and just general news about the University of West England! :smile:

Hey everyone, I'm applying for BSc Psychology and Sociology (although I might change it to Psych/Criminology... unsure!).
Right now I live in Cambridge and I'm doing A-level Psychology (B), English Language (C) and Photography (B) and I have an AS in Art (E). My grades aren't fantastic I know but I'm hoping my personal experiences and voluntary work will help. I chose UWE basically because Bristol's nightlife and culture seems perfect for me and I have lots of friends there. I haven't been to an open day but I did go to St Paul's Carnival in July so I've seen the city... initially was my first choice was Brighton but apparently it's harder to get a job there and more expensive.

If anyone's applying for the same choices let me know!
Reply 84
hello, so you've already done your A levels and got over the tariff points you need? if so that's absolutely fine! just means if you get an offer it will probably be unconditional instead of conditional as you won't need to complete a levels and meet the requirements they're asking for. I know quite a few people who have applied and got in having already done A Levels. Sorry your college haven't been very helpful but I wish you all the luck, I know how you feel I want want to be at uni now too!
Original post by Mewsb96
Hey everyone I'm applying for English at UWE :smile:
I'm currently on a gap year and hope to send my application off in a few day. UWE is my first choice by a very long way, so I really hope I get in.
Getting really nervous though because I know it's tariff based and I have 320 of the required 300 points but they come from four completed alevels. Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing :frown: anyone have any ideas whether this sets me at a disadvantage?
Also for the record applying whilst on a gap year has been a complete pain! My old college have been useless, wish I was at uni already! Feel as if by already having concrete grades I'm at a disadvantage. Anyway I'm just freaking myself out!
:smile:
Reply 85
Original post by Lostiee
hello, so you've already done your A levels and got over the tariff points you need? if so that's absolutely fine! just means if you get an offer it will probably be unconditional instead of conditional as you won't need to complete a levels and meet the requirements they're asking for. I know quite a few people who have applied and got in having already done A Levels. Sorry your college haven't been very helpful but I wish you all the luck, I know how you feel I want want to be at uni now too!

Yes I've already done them:smile: ah thank you, I think I'm just panicking! Won't be content until I get offers coming through haha. Thank you very much, good luck with whatever you're applying for! Can't wait :smile:
Reply 86
Hello everyone! I'm applying for Primary Teaching. I am currently doing an Access to HE Education course and will be 20 when I start. I am attending an interview next Wednesday and was wondering if anyone else is also going to be there? :-)
Hi everyone! I'm applying for radiography, currently studying maths, chem and biol!:smile:
I've got a conditional offer for biomedical science at uwe! Really love the campus, accommodation and the course! So very happy! :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by sophiescarlettt
Hey I've applied to do Philosophy
I'm doing A levels in Chemistry, English Literature, Religious Studies and Politics
I love Bristol but I've not been to an open day yet! I just hope I get an offer!

The university is great! The accommodation is some of the best I've seen out of the uni's I've been to. It is so diverse as well (but I think that is just Bristol in general :tongue:)I'm applying to do Philosophy as well! I'm currently English Lit, Religious Studies and Psychology! I really hope I get an offer too!:colondollar:
I'm applying to do Diagnostic Radiography.
I'm currently doing a BTEC in applied science level 3 and am predicted D*DD.
I went to the open day and liked it there. It's also not far from where I live.
Reply 91
Got an offer the day after I sent my application off! Hope you guys hear soon! So excited as it's my first choice!!
Reply 92
Just received an offer to study
criminology!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by Teeahz
Just received an offer to study
criminology!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So did I!!!!!!! I'm so happy right now :smile: Is it your first choice?
Reply 94
Original post by JessieBB
So did I!!!!!!! I'm so happy right now :smile: Is it your first choice?

Aww congrats! No it isn't, Manchester is! Whay about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the e:vision Portal. Do we have to summit all our qualification documents? So we have to scan all of certificates and put it on the website. Thanks
Is anyone applying to study Business & Management? :smile: Also does anyone know where the best accommodation is?
Reply 97
Hi I've just got an interview with the university to study Fashion design! So exciting, wondering if there is anyone else on here applying for an art course and if they have an interview too? x
Reply 98
Anyone received an offer to study Forensic Computing and Security?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G.Fecci
Anyone received an offer to study Forensic Computing and Security?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've got an unconditional. Declined all other offers this is my first choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending