The Student Room Group

Should I get a remark for Biology (AS) despite dropping it?

My teacher says that universities don't look at AS levels, but I wold like another view on this. I got a D in Biology AS, pretty close to a C, but I've dropped it. Should I bother remarking it? It's not exactly cheap. WJEC, both papers (BY1+2), £70 (both, not each). Also, is there a point in getting the scripts back (£12 each)?
Original post by mizuvoid
My teacher says that universities don't look at AS levels, but I wold like another view on this. I got a D in Biology AS, pretty close to a C, but I've dropped it. Should I bother remarking it? It's not exactly cheap. WJEC, both papers (BY1+2), £70 (both, not each). Also, is there a point in getting the scripts back (£12 each)?

How many UMS are you from a C?
Reply 2

If you're only 1-4 UMS off then it's probably worth a go getting a re-mark but there's no point getting the scripts back if you have dropped the subject.
Reply 3
Original post by Chlorophile
How many UMS are you from a C?
I've got 177 UMS from both exams. 69 (D) from BY1, 74 (C) from BY2 and 34 (D) from the coursework. So, I'm only 3 UMS marks away from a C.

Original post by Compost
If you're only 1-4 UMS off then it's probably worth a go getting a re-mark but there's no point getting the scripts back if you have dropped the subject.
Okay, thanks, I won't bother getting the scripts then.
I've got 177 UMS from both exams. 69 (D) from BY1, 74 (C) from BY2 and 34 (D) from the coursework. So, I'm only 3 UMS marks away from a C.
-

It depends how desperate you are for that C. The most likely outcome is that there will be no change in grades so unless you desperately need a C, I think it's a waste of money spending £70 for remarks.
Reply 5
Original post by Chlorophile
It depends how desperate you are for that C. The most likely outcome is that there will be no change in grades so unless you desperately need a C, I think it's a waste of money spending £70 for remarks.
To be honest, if universities look at my AS Biology despite me dropping it, then I would like to see if it bumps up to a C. I'm just wondering if the D will hamper my chances at getting into a university I choose.

Quick Reply

Latest