The Student Room Group

Oxford's overnight guest policy

I'm going to be a fresher at Queens college and I was wondering how strict the policy of no overnight guests in your room is? I'd like to be able to have my boyfriend stay over around once a month or so. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by rpower123
I'm going to be a fresher at Queens college and I was wondering how strict the policy of no overnight guests in your room is? I'd like to be able to have my boyfriend stay over around once a month or so. Thanks! :smile:

ask Queen's - it's not an oxford-wide policy - most colleges have no problem with overnight guests for short stays and I'm surprised to hear that Queen's does.
Reply 2
Lots of colleges officially disallow overnight guest stays but in practice no one pays any notice so don't worry about it at all.
Original post by astro67
ask Queen's - it's not an oxford-wide policy - most colleges have no problem with overnight guests for short stays and I'm surprised to hear that Queen's does.

Its pretty common, and where it is allowed you'll be required to sign a form at the porters lodge and there'll be a maximum number of nights etc. Insurance reasons. Its the same everywhere.

Obviously in practice no one ever does that and guests are absolutely fine.
Reply 4
Alright, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending