The Student Room Group

Mum wants to come over to uni every week

Hi im going to start Biomed at Lancaster in september and I thought I would finally be escaping my strict abusive parents but they are now saying she wants to stay over every weekend ???!!! is this possible? im so scared
as far as i'm aware, if you're staying in an accommodation, you're not officially allowed to have guests stay overnight, or you'd have to sign them in before just as a cautionary, since during fires/evacuations, whether or not they are drills they have to have an appropriate headcount

i'd check with your university, any forums, or something along those lines as they'll usually specify. if they say you're not allowed, then you'll be fine. either way, you could always just tell you're mother that overnight guests are not allowed
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
as far as i'm aware, if you're staying in an accommodation, you're not officially allowed to have guests stay overnight, or you'd have to sign them in before just as a cautionary, since during fires/evacuations, whether or not they are drills they have to have an appropriate headcount

i'd check with your university, any forums, or something along those lines as they'll usually specify. if they say you're not allowed, then you'll be fine. either way, you could always just tell you're mother that overnight guests are not allowed

Hi thats right, you have to be signed in because of health and safety so the college knows you are there. https://portal.lancaster.ac.uk/ask/campus/living-in-university-accommodation/

OP she will soon get bored of keep coming to the uni. If she wants to stay at yours, speak with the accommodation manager that you dont want her there and the situation, and they can say no she cant stay.
Ive stayed at my daughters when she was in private halls the night before moving out, and also the year she lived in landlord accommodation in Lancaster city.
Then this year when helping her move into summer accommodation at Bowland college. And its not all that its cracked up to be. airbeds are not that fun lol.

Or you take the situation and say in a nicest way possible, that as much as you would love that to happen, your timetable schedule you will be far too busy at the weekends doing assignments and problem sheets, that she would not want to be the one responsible to stand in the way of a good education.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending