The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medicine 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by solarplexus
So its poor-average then? Ive done nothing really for county or nationally..would 37/40 be enough lol?

probz not sozzz
Original post by Asklepios
probz not sozzz

If you what you say is true..........i'm blooooody worried, thank god I applied to Plymouth
If you what you say is true..........i'm blooooody worried, thank god I applied to Plymouth

What makes you think Plymouth is any easier to get into than Edinburgh?
What makes you think Plymouth is any easier to get into than Edinburgh?

Edinburgh looks at PS, Plymouth doesn't. Excluding the PS on the EC side of things, I think I am pretty competitive.
Everyone's done DofE.

Only Lance Corporal... ? I'm not sure, all my friends were sergeant or above at the time of applying.

What level of first aid? If it's just cpr and stuff, everyone will have it. If you do first aid at events, then that would be ok.

The rest of the things are just past times.

Have you not played sport for your county? Or national orchestra or national competitions and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

International olympiads, national level research projects, national sportsman, that should be okay right ... ? I hate to think how PS is 30% now and decent applicants can fail if they have poor command of English (I fall in that category unfortunately lel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smilepeople
International olympiads, national level research projects, national sportsman, that should be okay right ... ? I hate to think how PS is 30% now and decent applicants can fail if they have poor command of English (I fall in that category unfortunately lel)

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you aren't good at English, then do you really think you should be studying Medicine (which involves interaction with patients) in an English-speaking country?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
If you aren't good at English, then do you really think you should be studying Medicine (which involves interaction with patients) in an English-speaking country?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha u got me wrong my first language is English just that I suck at all 3 languages I speak :tongue: linguistically not-so-inclined. If my English were that poor I wouldn't even have been predicted 7 for IB English A

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also in general you seem to be pointing out the down sides (and jumping to conclusion) of me and the applicant above haha pardon me if I'm offending you but that's the impression that I got from reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha u got me wrong my mother tongue is English just that I suck at all 3 languages I speak :tongue: linguistically not-so-inclined. If my English were that poor I wouldn't even have been predicted 7 for IB English A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had a look at your previous posts, I feel so inferior now that I have not done anything to a national/regional level OMG....I thought I could get away with DofE, RAF and stuff...trouble is I only play rugby for school and thats it..............no music/arts/all that sh*t

u international?
Had a look at your previous posts, I feel so inferior now that I have not done anything to a national/regional level OMG....I thought I could get away with DofE, RAF and stuff...trouble is I only play rugby for school and thats it..............no music/arts/all that sh*t

u international?

I've been spending the past 6 yrs building CV just for medicine I'm sure very few has done that! actually you sound like you have a diversity of activities and i feel it's more how you explain what you took away / learned from it not so much the level of achievement, don't be frightened by the 'lack of national level' stuffs (which is exactly y I am still afraid because it rly depends on how u write ur ps and u can turn it into an excellent essay altho I might have the upper hands on contents). And yes I'm international :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been spending the past 6 yrs building CV just for medicine I'm sure very few has done that! actually you sound like you have a diversity of activities and i feel it's more how you explain what you took away / learned from it not so much the level of achievement, don't be frightened by the 'lack of national level' stuffs (which is exactly y I am still afraid because it rly depends on how u write ur ps and u can turn it into an excellent essay altho I might have the upper hands on contents). And yes I'm international :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok sounds like your wayyyyyy more motivated than me. Im got good vibes from you, wish u luck!

Also yes, Asklepios is (although he/she maybe correct) slightly harsh with our posts...also not answering our questions..I remember now that I saw a post by him/her in the 2014 Edinburgh page, replying to a guy who 'forgot to put sport/music'. Asklepios said: "Don't worry over your lack of music/sport. Sport/music is just one way to demonstrate your non-academic achievements. With CCF, DofE, debating etc you'll be fine "

Which is weird as that guy had less/the same ECs and stuff as me. Unless its completely changed since then...

Im hoping to get interviews b4 edinburgh decisions in march so obvs will focus on them
Ok sounds like your wayyyyyy more motivated than me. Im got good vibes from you, wish u luck!

Also yes, Asklepios is (although he/she maybe correct) slightly harsh with our posts...also not answering our questions..I remember now that I saw a post by him/her in the 2014 Edinburgh page, replying to a guy who 'forgot to put sport/music'. Asklepios said: "Don't worry over your lack of music/sport. Sport/music is just one way to demonstrate your non-academic achievements. With CCF, DofE, debating etc you'll be fine "

Which is weird as that guy had less/the same ECs and stuff as me. Unless its completely changed since then...

Im hoping to get interviews b4 edinburgh decisions in march so obvs will focus on them

Haha thanks all the best to you too! Haha ironic it is ... ? And wow u rmb stuffs from 2014 thread haha yeah me too I've already booked my flight to UK I better get my interviews! If not I'll just go around travelling haha it will be the saddest reason to go on a holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you remember all the previous posts regarding entry to Edinburgh, then why do you feel the need to keep asking "Is x/40 enough?" or a variant of it.
If you remember all the previous posts regarding entry to Edinburgh, then why do you feel the need to keep asking "Is x/40 enough?" or a variant of it.

Further motivation etc. nice to hear that there is a slight flicker of hope.......

Further motivation etc. nice to hear that there is a slight flicker of hope.......

There is nothing wrong with asking but there is something wrong with being overly critical. Advising is one thing discouraging is another.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whens the first interviews given out?
For grads...
Well just under 130 days to wait now...... "yaaay"
Original post by olivervick
Well just under 130 days to wait now...... "yaaay"

at least no interview though................im going to forget that I even applied to edinburgh, until early march.
at least no interview though................im going to forget that I even applied to edinburgh, until early march.

Then we will be on our email every 30 seconds! It's a nice and annoying system at the same time I think
Original post by olivervick
Then we will be on our email every 30 seconds! It's a nice and annoying system at the same time I think

It's okay ... I've been doing my countdown for my IB, it was 120 days to IB like a day ago ago and now it is 6 days till IB... Time will fly :]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending