The Student Room Group

International medical school applicant! Please HELP

I am an international student and I willbe applying to medicine for 2015 with the following qualifications and requirements:

IELTS: 7.5 average

GCSE: 5 A*s, 3 As, 1 B

A2 predictions: AAAAA

ukcat : 575! Long story :frown:

work xp: 5 weeks at hospital shadowing hospital rounds, 2 weeks architecture management, 2 weeks teaching sports

What are my chances???? Would love to see opinion specially from other international students who make it.
Im most probably going to apply to Lancaster and bristle (don't require ukcat) also to Leicester and hym med schools.. What do you guys think???
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey Im an international student applying for Medicine 2015 entry. Having a below par UKCAT score isn't the end of the world you have options. I would advice you apply to non UKCAT schools. You could apply to BMAT schools(Its best to apply to at most 1 BMAT school as they are quite competitive and you don't know your score until you have applied so it puts you on edge) and take the BMAT. I think Plymouth doesn't require UKCAT for international students (check their website to confirm). Liverpool don't require UKCAT too. So just go online and check out the Unis. You will definitely find a uni that will accept you. Apply smartly (to your strenghts) and I wish you the very best.
Reply 2
Original post by ekpenyongnsa
Hey Im an international student applying for Medicine 2015 entry. Having a below par UKCAT score isn't the end of the world you have options. I would advice you apply to non UKCAT schools. You could apply to BMAT schools(Its best to apply to at most 1 BMAT school as they are quite competitive and you don't know your score until you have applied so it puts you on edge) and take the BMAT. I think Plymouth doesn't require UKCAT for international students (check their website to confirm). Liverpool don't require UKCAT too. So just go online and check out the Unis. You will definitely find a uni that will accept you. Apply smartly (to your strenghts) and I wish you the very best.

Thank you so much bro. I will definitely look into that ASAP.
Original post by purifi3dsin
I am an international student and I willbe applying to medicine for 2015 with the following qualifications and requirements:

IELTS: 7.5 average

GCSE: 5 A*s, 3 As, 1 B

A2 predictions: AAAAA

ukcat : 575! Long story :frown:

work xp: 5 weeks at hospital shadowing hospital rounds, 2 weeks architecture management, 2 weeks teaching sports

What are my chances???? Would love to see opinion specially from other international students who make it.
Im most probably going to apply to Lancaster and bristle (don't require ukcat) also to Leicester and hym med schools.. What do you guys think???

Well, I am also a non-EU student and I achieved UKCAT at 2650 overall. I suggest you should look for medical school with low UKCAT requirement(e.g.SGUL), or those consider both UKCAT and academic achievement for interview(e.g. Aberdeen).
I think Bristol will be fine, but do please write a PERFECT PS!
Have you achieve 7.0 in every section in the IELTS test, cause Lancaster would require you to achieve 4 7.0s before the application process.

Good luck anyway!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending