The Student Room Group

English Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Just sent my UCAS off. English Lit at Cambridge, Bristol, Durham, Newcastle and York :eek: It feels real now! All so risky since my entire AS English Lit is messed up and am resitting!

Predicted grades are A*A*A*

Good luck everyone :lovedup:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by allypetal
Just sent my UCAS off. English Lit at Cambridge, Bristol, Durham, Newcastle and York :eek: It feels real now! All so risky since my entire AS English Lit is messed up and am resitting!

Predicted grades are A*A*A*

Good luck everyone :lovedup:

Awh man! What happened if you don't mind me asking? you obviously couldn't have messed up THAT badly to still get those ace predicted grades! Good luck!!
Original post by libbispr96
Awh man! What happened if you don't mind me asking? you obviously couldn't have messed up THAT badly to still get those ace predicted grades! Good luck!!

Ugh where to begin? C in the exam all of a sudden, whole class did appalling in it... Got my remark today and it went down to a D, but still a B overall because of my coursework. Thanks so much, its certainly been a test of faith for the subject :colondollar: Resitting it even just to prove myself! Got full marks in the January mock and never lost more than a couple of marks generally, just messed the exam up :mad: You too lovely!
oh man!!!! So even your "messing up" isn't bad if you still came out with a B!!! Lots of people I know bombed the exam when they had been acing mocks. Which exam board? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where are you applying to? York, Exeter, Southampton, Lancaster, Nottingham

What courses are you going for? English Literature, or English Literature with Classics

What A Levels did you take? English Literature, Geography, Philosophy, Maths, with General Studies and an EPQ.
Where are you applying to?
Warwick, UEA, Lancaster, Royal Holloway and Aberystwyth (as my safe option)

What courses are you going for?
Variations on English Literature and Creative Writing

What A Levels did you take?
Taking English Literature, Religious Studies and Drama& Theatre Studies; dropped History from AS
I'm applying for English lit at Cambridge, Royal Holloway, UCL, Warwick and York. Reading all sorts from various ages, genres and literary types although I'm focussing on poetry right now because I need to refine my analytical techniques in regards to poetry. Although I have a bit of a soft spot for Middle English with the likes of Chaucer, it is a little more time consuming to read but it is greatly rewarding. A levels are English Lit, English Lit (Cambridge Pre U) Biology and Geography. 9A*2A at GCSE which seems like a an absolute age ago! Sent off my application today and am already feeling nervous about offers or rejections
Reply 27
Original post by Arkasia
Where are you applying to? York, Exeter, Southampton, Lancaster, Nottingham

What courses are you going for? English Literature, or English Literature with Classics

What A Levels did you take? English Literature, Geography, Philosophy, Maths, with General Studies and an EPQ.

I am considering Southampton for English as well but cannot make it there before my UCAS is going through! Have you been, if so whats it like? Thanks☺️
Original post by LJDRx
I am considering Southampton for English as well but cannot make it there before my UCAS is going through! Have you been, if so whats it like? Thanks☺️

I haven't been but the course looks fantastic and I know a few people who are reading English there.
Reply 29
Original post by Arkasia
I haven't been but the course looks fantastic and I know a few people who are reading English there.

Thanks, exactly what I thought the options for modules are so vast.
Original post by LJDRx
Thanks, exactly what I thought the options for modules are so vast.

Pretty much my logic as well.
Reply 31

Bristol, Edge Hill, Leeds, Liverpool, Oxford.

What course are you going for?

Bristol - English
Edge Hill - English Literature
Leeds - English Language and Literature (offer: AAA)
Liverpool - English (offer: AAB)
Oxford - English Language and Literature

AS:

Biology (A)
English Literature (A)
Psychology (A)
Sociology (A)

A2:

Biology (predicted A)
English Literature (predicted A*)
Psychology (predicted A)
Sociology (predicted A*)

EPQ (predicted A)

:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
Hi! I'll probably apply for straight English lit and for English with another language. Good luck to everyone with your applications! :smile:
Reply 33
I'm applying for English Lit at Oxford, Warwick, Leeds, Newcastle and Birmingham! I've heard people have already been getting offers :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I'm applying for joint language and literature, but I didn't get the best grade these being B in literature, C in Language, E in history and an E in philosophy and ethics... I'm aiming to get my grades up to ABD for next year which I think is realistic considering does anyone have any universities that would be best to apply to with my grads? I want to apply to English, either Language or a joint literature and language degree depending on the course and modules at the uni... Please suggest if you can!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to Cambridge, Durham, York, Warwick, and Nottingham. Really hoping to get one of the first three. Predicted A*AA, so they're all possible, but my AS levels weren't the best. :|
Anyone received any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by IHTWFR

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just received an Unconditional offer (if firm) from UEA for English literature!
Reply 38
Original post by IHTWFR

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer from Liverpool the day after my referee sent my application on (for AAB) :smile:
Reply 39
Southampton, Queen Mary, Reading, Royal Holloway, Kent

What courses are you going for?
English, English Literature and European Literature & Culture, Comparative Literature & Culture and English, English & American Literature and Comparative Literature

English Literature, Government & Politics, History + General Studies and an EPQ (dropped Sociology at AS)

Have offers from Southampton, Reading and Kent so far
:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending