The Student Room Group

Have you lied in your personal statement?

Have you ever lied or even 'twisted the truth' in your personal statement? If yes, have you been caught? I was just wondering if anyone ever did lie! and what happens afterward!
Reply 1
I didint lie nor do I know anyone who has lied because its just common sense not to but I think if you were to lie the university would probably tell - they wouldnt accuse you with anything but they probably would follow up on it in the interview and ask you a ton of questions on the "lie" to suss you out.

...I think.
I lied a tiny bit by saying i know about online art commisions when really i dont but no one asked so nothing happened :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I've told the complete truth but I will imagine a lot will stretch it. I will have to go for an interview so they may ask about it, so I thought it was best not to lie on it. I haven't finished my personal statement yet :biggrin:. Also, I lied on my CV a lot and it backfired epically. Don't want to make the same mistake again :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by kelly7
Have you ever lied or even 'twisted the truth' in your personal statement? If yes, have you been caught? I was just wondering if anyone ever did lie! and what happens afterward!

I did & flowered it up a bit as well.

About things they couldn't check, like I helped people to sort out their computers.
Reply 5
On my reference for electronics it says I am great at the practical aspect. I couldn't get much worse at it. :indiff:

Quick Reply

Latest