The Student Room Group

Need a healthy rant and vent.

Friendships come and go and sometimes you can go months without speaking and yet still be friends.

When i message my friends because I feel I had to, conversations barely lasted 1 minute. -hi how you doing?
-fine. You?
-doing okay.
They expected me to contact them in some form of matter at least once a week it feels like. Fact is we don't share a lot of the same interests anymore and nothing much is going on in life at the moment. Friend B has gone on record before saying she likes how with this friend group she likes that we can not talk for months but still talk and pick up where we left off. On the rare calls conversations would repeat or there would just complete and utter silence.

We used to see each other around now and again but since friend B moved, it's become a long distance friendship. This friend had no issue being first to start conversations with friend c (more her friend than mine). But friend B is saying they always start conversations and messages which isn't true though she has started the last few admittedly. In school we could have gone 4 months without speaking.

But both friends a&b have complained about lack of communication before to this group about everyone in the group. Yet that same energy wasn't there when I was going through my health diagnosis or when I lost family to COVID.

And when you drop off the radar the first question isn't are you okay. It's a statement of that they are the ones that put in the most effort even if you've done your fare share before.

Truth be told this group I find tiring now myself. I'm an adult to with a lot going on to. It went from making plans and then less than a week later questioning friendship. And everyone feels hypocritical or like a competition if that makes sense? Like you want to feel singled out 🤷 they text about the problem, but never talk about it in person.

I guess what I'm saying is for some people long distance friends work. For some people they don't. You shouldn't feel like you're friend is gonna snap at you if you haven't text them for a few weeks when they've done the same to you. You don't need hypocritical friends.

Sorry for the vent and rant but if anyone else needs it feel free.
Original posters here:
Turns out I was the the one starting conversations and this friend just out right lied. I didn't think to check at the time but when I did it turned out not to be true.
Last conversation started by this Friend was a year ago 😂

Talk about toxic friend groups. Im still talking to this person but it's never going to be the same. Why do people like to play victim? You call someone out on that they lied and they call you petty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending