The Student Room Group

John Lewis Partnership Graduate Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jenny_walker92
Did anyone get an email confirming they recieved the application form? I just submitted mine and all I can see is that it says youre application will be considered, on the communication centre. :s-smilie: I've been trying to email the recruitment team for the last week with no response!

I never got an email either. I presume we just wait? :redface:
How did everyone find the Graduate Questions!?
Reply 22
Dreading taking maths as haven't done it since GCSE! Is it extremely difficult or is it manageable?

I'm applying for the buying scheme :smile:
Original post by Momina90
Hey guys i applied for the retail managemdnt scheme 10 days ago. Did my online tests and then the competency questionnaire. Last week they emailed me that they need my gcse english and maths grade. They said i could update them on the communication centre or reply to that email. The email was from a no reply address so replies not getting through and i cant update my application theres no option to do it. I emailed the recruitment team but havent heard from them. They said if they dont receive my grades thheyll cancel my application in 7 days which will be this friday. I dont know what to do...

Just update it in the communicate centre.

Original post by Blaq_widow
I never got an email either. I presume we just wait? :redface:

I didn't get one either.

Original post by mistakenidentity
How did everyone find the Graduate Questions!?

Not too difficult, had to research omni-channel retailing though.

Original post by lucie087
Dreading taking maths as haven't done it since GCSE! Is it extremely difficult or is it manageable?

I'm applying for the buying scheme :smile:

It's not too difficult, you just need to practice your percentages. I applied for the Retail Management Scheme and definitely got at least 22/24, and I'm awful at maths.
Seeing as there's no thread for this and applications have opened up I thought I'd start one.

I'm applying for the Merchandising graduate scheme...maybe I'm wrong but I think they've changed the format? I thought you had to pass each test before taking the next one and only after these have all been passed could you complete the application form.

Basically I've done all the tests and I've not been made to wait inbetween each one. Does this mean I've passed them? :confused:

Hi! do you remember roughly how many questions there were in each test
Reply 25
How long do you get for each test (verbal and numerical) and how many questions?
Original post by CherryIbe
Hi! do you remember roughly how many questions there were in each test

Original post by Jes21
How long do you get for each test (verbal and numerical) and how many questions?

I can't remember exactly but I think it was 25 questions/45 minutes for the numerical test and 18 questions/25 minutes for the verbal.

Then again I've done a few recently so I may just be mixing them up lol.
Reply 27
Thanks for your reply !
I can't remember exactly but I think it was 25 questions/45 minutes for the numerical test and 18 questions/25 minutes for the verbal.

Then again I've done a few recently so I may just be mixing them up lol.

Thank you ! :smile:
Hey, yeah, that sounds right, i just did it and it was 25 question/45 mins for the numerical, but it was 24 questions/25 mins for the verbal....and tbh i found the verbal much harder....i felt they gave you sufficient time to do the numerical as i had 6 mins remaining but with the verbal I only managed to answer 22/24.......may be because i did one test after the other without a break.......now seems like a bad idea

are you guys sure that you automatically progress onto the next stage only if you pass the previous test because there's no way in hell that i passed the verbal and its already asking me to do the managerial one?
Reply 30
Just received an invite for a video interview. The deadline is 9 nov. I am so not prepared for this :frown: i have so little time :/
Reply 31
Does anyone have an insight into what the video interview is like?
For people who have a video interview, how long did it take to hear back after sending off the application?
Reply 33
Original post by Fatuitous
For people who have a video interview, how long did it take to hear back after sending off the application?

I applied in the first week of october
Reply 34
I applied in the first week of october

I sent off my application around a week ago
Video interviews are so cringe :frown:

Original post by Fatuitous

I finished my application about 4 weeks ago.
Reply 36
Video interviews are so cringe :frown:

I finished my application about 4 weeks ago.

They havent specified what kind of questions to prepare for. Im assuming competency n skills based..?
Reply 37
Hi guys, I have a video interview for the Finance scheme. Anyone know details as to what will come up? I'm assuming competency qs and motivation but I'm very nervous as it's my first video interview.

Would appreciate any help, good luck to all!
They havent specified what kind of questions to prepare for. Im assuming competency n skills based..?

I think so, I'd imagine the questions would be similar to the telephone interviews in previous years anyway.
Just received an invite for a video interview. The deadline is 9 nov. I am so not prepared for this :frown: i have so little time :/

How did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest