The Student Room Group

Can I apply to any med school with ext. circumstances?

I have predictions of A*AA this year, and achieved ABCin august. I spoke to the QUB and they said they wont consider me, even with ext. circumstances because I didnt achieve AABa first sitting. Is this the same with all med schools. I cant contact a lot of them because they want me to email them, and theyre also receiving a lot of enquiries atm so will take a long time to reply and I need to send my application off soon.
Reply 1
Maybe only apply to one or two medical schools then your other 3 options on for example Bio medicine
Reply 2
10 A*/As and a few Bs.
Moved to medicine :smile:
Original post by errrr...
I have predictions of A*AA this year, and achieved ABCin august. I spoke to the QUB and they said they wont consider me, even with ext. circumstances because I didnt achieve AABa first sitting. Is this the same with all med schools. I cant contact a lot of them because they want me to email them, and theyre also receiving a lot of enquiries atm so will take a long time to reply and I need to send my application off soon.

The information you need is on the web site of each of the med schools. It is in their policy document on resits. It is best if you google admissions policy for medicine.
Some Med schools do not consider resits under any circumstances. Some will if you have extreme extenuating, documented circumstances.

Have a look at Aberdeen (exceptional), B&SMS, Cardiff (if you applied there previously), Durham with GP info, Exeter, Glasgow (must be exceptional), Imperial (if you applied there previously) Lancaster (with conditions), Leeds (exceptional), Liverpool (with conditions), Newcastle (GP), St Andrews( fully documented)

These will consider resits but most need extreme/very exceptional reasons, usually documented by your GP. If that fits your issue then contact them. You have left this very late. Also, your excellent GCSE results have nothing to do with it after you have your A2 results despite what Z.A. says. As he often is, he is wrong.
WRONG! Once you have your A2 results and have the required GCSE minimum they are rarely, if ever looked at
Reply 6
If there is an average for medicine then that means that people must be both above and below that average and gotten into medicine! Really hope you didnt do stats haha
Original post by errrr...

I'm in a similar position, having achieved A*AB this summer. I would ring the medical schools as many places that state they accept extenuating circumstances are very picky over what these might be. E.g As mine is a long term illness/condition (now finally diagnosed and being treated) I had very little success when it came to asking unis to consider me.
Reply 8
This guy has got above the UK average

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending