The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Insight from non-human species: monkeys reared with inadequate peer contact later displayed inappropriate social-sexual behaviour.
IDA: Can attachment types change? One study found that relationship break ups were associated with a shift from secure to insecure attachment. This questions the validity of supporting research for influence of childhood on romantic relationships, which suggests that attachment types last.

Sorry studentwiz, forgot to quote you.
(edited 8 years ago)
is it worth having an introduction and a conclusion in each essay or would i be better off leaving them out?
Can someone please explain the IDA point of 'a biological and determinist approach' that is on page 11 in the cara Flanagan dog book. For circadian rhythms
Original post by crawfy
Insight from non-human species: monkeys reared with inadequate peer contact later displayed inappropriate social-sexual behaviour.
IDA: Can attachment types change? One study found that relationship break ups were associated with a shift from secure to insecure attachment. This questions the validity of supporting research for influence of childhood on romantic relationships, which suggests that attachment types last.

wait I don't understand the IDA point can you elaborate please sry
Original post by samboosa0
is it worth having an introduction and a conclusion in each essay or would i be better off leaving them out?

I was told you would get credited so it's a waste of time. Just jump straight in like if the question was on breakdown then .. One theory of breakdown of relationships is Rollie and Duck. They proposed ...
Original post by studentwiz
I was told you would get credited so it's a waste of time. Just jump straight in like if the question was on breakdown then .. One theory of breakdown of relationships is Rollie and Duck. They proposed ...

Reply 2106
Original post by Heatherjones77
Would anyone be very helpful and mark my essay on disruptions of biological rhythms? i really struggled to start with and it would be great if you could.
I will mark an essay in return if you would like?:colondollar:

1 - endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers - use these keywords and don't confuse them. You need to go through your essay and change where you've written exogenous pacemaker

2 - "Jetlag occurs after a rapid change in exogenous pacemakers, e.g. aeroplane travel"
Previous point, and also reword it to - Jet lag is a result of the exogenous zeitgeber that is aeroplane travel

Your AO2/3 is really good, your only issue is your AO1 and that quite major mistake (you'd lose a ridiculous amount of AO1 marks because of this, so it'll end up maybe as a band 3/4 or 5 marks)

Hope that helped :smile:
Original post by samboosa0

Not worth it, you don't get marks for them :smile:
Original post by Alice16
Yes, they can add marks. It gives your essays structure which is helpful for the examiner to read.

In examiner reports they says that conclusion and introductions are pointless as it gives information they did not ask for, unless you can link directly to the question id leave it, you shouldn't lose marks
Original post by Heatherjones77
i am struggling to understand the way that the psya3 exam works.
I know that there are 3 sections all worth 24 marks.
Can they split up the 24 mark sections into smaller questions eg a 4 mark question and an 4+16 etc?
Especially for sleep as i do not feel like i have nearly enough to write a 24 mark question on life span/ stages of sleep.

Hi, I had a go at marking your essay. A02 is really good but A01 needs improving. I did write some notes on your essay for just general pointers but it did help me if you don't mind me saying.
Original post by Cara_rose
Not worth it, you don't get marks for them :smile:

will keep that in mind. Thanks :h:
Which bit of the gender spec does psychological androgyny fall under?
In PSYA4 is anyone doing anomalistic psychology? I'm finding it difficult to make good notes
How do we turn a methodological implication into a implication for the theory being discussed? For example with Buss's cross-cultural study, i wrote about the use of self-reports leading to social desirability bias which could decreases the validity of the findings. How is this an implication for the sexual selection theory?
Original post by daisychain_
How do we turn a methodological implication into a implication for the theory being discussed? For example with Buss's cross-cultural study, i wrote about the use of self-reports leading to social desirability bias which could decreases the validity of the findings. How is this an implication for the sexual selection theory?

Implication is that it affects validity of the theory as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Husnara_a
Implication is that it affects validity of the theory as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Can someone explain what Thematic analysis is in qualitative data?? And also content analysis and how to describe it. Forgot all about these.
Original post by Gazzaaa
Those doing relationships what are you prioritising or predicting will come up?

I think childhood on adult relationships!!
Original post by RissaR
In PSYA4 is anyone doing anomalistic psychology? I'm finding it difficult to make good notes

i do anomalistic. i got model answers/notes from psychologyzone.co.uk its really good and only £1 each.
Original post by nats927
i do anomalistic. i got model answers/notes from psychologyzone.co.uk its really good and only £1 each.

Thank you so much! I'll check it out in a minute :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending