The Student Room Group

Maths A Level Distance Learning

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into studying A Level Maths as a distance learning course and have noticed that most the courses are for tuition only. I was wandering how easy it is to teach yourself and the best sites/books for this? Also does anyone have any information on applying how to apply to take the exams yourself?
Thanks in advance
Try Pure Mathematics for cape it helped me alot
Reply 2
Original post by bigmindedone
Try Pure Mathematics for cape it helped me alot

more info please...

?? Pure Mathematics for cape ??
Original post by TeeEm
more info please...

?? Pure Mathematics for cape ??

Author Elizabeth Campbell its the first book u will see if u google it its volume 1 and 2 for 2 years sixth form maths
Reply 4
Original post by bigmindedone
Author Elizabeth Campbell its the first book u will see if u google it its volume 1 and 2 for 2 years sixth form maths

thanks
Original post by monkeystandards
Also does anyone have any information on applying how to apply to take the exams yourself?

Ask around at local schools and colleges about taking exams there as an external candidate.
Original post by monkeystandards
Hi Everyone,

I am looking into studying A Level Maths as a distance learning course and have noticed that most the courses are for tuition only. I was wandering how easy it is to teach yourself and the best sites/books for this? Also does anyone have any information on applying how to apply to take the exams yourself?
Thanks in advance

Hi

I've just taken 2 year self studying A level maths for AQA exams. I used the "Advanced Maths for AQA" series (c1-c2, c3-c4, M1 ad S1). I was vert happy working through those books. They were clear with loads of exercises with answers.

I applied to my local school to sit as an external candidate. The fist school didn't take on externals but the second one did.

Try it and happy mathing.

Quick Reply

Latest