The Student Room Group

OCR F581 Markets in Action - 11 May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amanath
Thanks dude!.. when are your exams ?

No problem bro and next week i have 4 exams! Tuesday is Macro Economics, Wednesday Maths C2, History 2 Friday English CREW, how about you?
June,what is your exam board?? Are u doing AS or AL??
Hi,

from our paper for question could we have drawn 2 shifts in demand and supply? and do we have to refer to the case study in our explanation?

Thanks!
Also, for the allocatively efficient question do we have to adress both sides to get 6 marks or could we just have spoken about the EU or consumers in Italy
Was it okay to talk bout how the reduction tax was a fiscal policy and alternative policies?
Original post by Slenderman
Was it okay to talk bout how the reduction tax was a fiscal policy and alternative policies?

yeah thats what i did cos tax is part of fiscal policy so it should be fine
Hi there, for ocr unit 2 economics for evolution of cut in tax I wrote the effectiveness depends on other government policies. For example monetary policy and interest rates in general. I said if interest rates are high and the is a cut in tax it will not be effective as the average propensity to save will be higher as the rewards of saving is higher. Is this an okay evaluation point?
Yeah that's a very good point because you are discussing the conflicts of policies
could you do a double shift for the increase in price question????
Original post by orangutanswag
could you do a double shift for the increase in price question????

Thats exactly my question. I did both increase in demand and supply and demand increasing to a greater extent so price increases. Do I get marks for that?
Original post by AdrianSiu
Thats exactly my question. I did both increase in demand and supply and demand increasing to a greater extent so price increases. Do I get marks for that?

It would have been wiser if you had shifted the supply curve to the left to be honest. This is strange combination!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
It would have been wiser if you had shifted the supply curve to the left to be honest. This is strange combination!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So getting any marks?
Original post by AdrianSiu
So getting any marks?

Probably yes (provided the diagram was well made).

I don't know how many though.
Original post by *Stefan*
Probably yes (provided the diagram was well made).

I don't know how many though.

Ok thanks!
I didnt shift an increase in both, I did a decrease in supply alongside an increase in demand as this would result in a great increase in price

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending