i have no imagination
Reply 1
Original post by whowasfone
i have no imagination

Saw it on sale for £5.99.

Spoiler

Original post by whowasfone
i have no imagination

If imagination is something you seek to acquire, then you probably won't find it.
Reply 3
do i just have to close my eyes and imagine?
Reply 4
If you're wondering how to think more creatively, you need to expose yourself to things outside the norm for you. Read some books, look at some art, listen to some different music, do some LSD, look at some travelling, etc etc.

Imagination is just forming concepts and picturing ideas that don't currently exist in real life. To "acquire" imagination, you need to expose yourself to new things.

Some people *are* less imaginative than others. It's a broad spectrum, and some people must sit on the fringes of it. But that's fine too.
In order to imagine things you'll need limited empirical experiences on which to base your imaginings on: the more that you do the richer bank of resources you'll have to imagine.

I would therefore recommend an extended period travelling the world seeing as many countries as possible, including, but by no means limited to: Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany, Russia, Mexico, Turkey, Egypt, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Nauru (wait - does that exist?).

If this is too costly then do the next best thing and read about them instead - indeed, reading is arguably the greatest instrument for imaginings because it requires mental effort to process the language into images and ideas.

Do all this, and you'll be knocking out a few crazy best-selling fantasy book series within a week. Go out, dear friend, and let your journey into the deepest realms of your mind begin :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest