The Student Room Group

A-Levels Mock Exams Thread (2014 - 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Good luck with your mocks, people. I hope they go well. :smile:

Thanks Usy :biggrin:
Original post by thechemistress
Don't really know about my others, but in maths we've finished M1, 3/4 through S1, halfway through C1/C2 and just syarted C3/C4

You must be doing further maths then! How are you finding the sciences?
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Lol, nah. I think most people (for Jan mocks, at least) start in the xmas holidays.

Was gonna say! :confused:
Original post by GoldGhost
You must be doing further maths then! How are you finding the sciences?

Biology and chemistry are absolutely fine. Physics is... Hmm. It needs more work, I think xD How about you?
Original post by blondelocks
Was gonna say! :confused:

In AS most people revise in the holidays but i realised how much more effort i need to put in even for mocks so in A2 i'm starting early
Is A*AA possible with AAB at AS?
Original post by Miladrises
Is A*AA possible with AAB at AS?

Yep, but you'll need to work very, very hard. :smile:
Original post by thechemistress
Biology and chemistry are absolutely fine. Physics is... Hmm. It needs more work, I think xD How about you?

Chemistry needs more work, which I am doing tomorrow, biology is going great. I think we are about half way through the content but there are 101 double page spreads and we have gone over over 50. I hope to have finished 70 double page spreads by Christmas, as we are having an extra couple of hours a week of biology at lunch times. That way I have approximately 30 double spreads to complete from January to May, and just review of those 70 double page spreads. Chemistry, I am going to look in a minute, we are moving a bit more slowly than biology. My teacher is awful for maths, so I am self teaching as well as going over c1.
My mocks are in January and were the first year to do formal mocks in the hall. Last years A Level Results were atrocious so they've basically changed everything in the sixth form aha..

I do Biology,Chemistry, Maths and PE

We've almost finished Unit 1 in Biology and Chemistry, we just need to do integration and then we are done with C1! PE we have done about a 1/3 of each of the 3 sections :biggrin:

I've made notes for Unit 1 in Biology and all the stuff we have covered so far in PE, C1 is pretty straightforward just need to keep doing practice questions. I really need to start Chemistry revision soon.. :frown:
I did some end of topic mocks in A2 Biology, and got a B and U (oops).
I don't even know when my mocks are to be honest, I don't really pay much attention to them.
i noticed that there is a GCSE mock exam thread so I thought why not make one for A levels! feel free to discuss what exams you're taking, when and how you are revising/ plan to revise and how you feel!

good luck! :colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 31
Original post by easyaspirsquared
i noticed that there is a GCSE mock exam thread so I thought why not make one for A levels! feel free to discuss what exams you're taking, when and how you are revising/ plan to revise and how you feel!

im supper scared right now- gonna treat it like the real thing. its kinda overwhelming. yourself?
Original post by hajs
im supper scared right now- gonna treat it like the real thing. its kinda overwhelming. yourself?

I know the feeling! I constantly feel bogged down and as if I should be doing more- I want to get good grades in the mock but I know its gonna be hard to revise if teachers keep giving us a crazy amount of homework haha

:woo: Nice idea! :awesome: Good luck with your mocks everyone. :smile: :yy:

Will you use the same revision techniques as the ones you used for GCSEs? :cookie:
When does everyone have their mocks?
Original post by She-Ra
Will you use the same revision techniques as the ones you used for GCSEs? :cookie:

hmmm not too sure tbh. for GCSE a lot of my revision was note taking, however, at A level we have had to make notes in lessons so I may just rewrite those and try to gather in other information as well :smile:
Original post by KythingToWrite
When does everyone have their mocks?

I believe mine are at the start of Jan, straight back from Christmas holidays! you?
I believe mine are at the start of Jan, straight back from Christmas holidays! you?

I've got my terminal exams this week :tongue: (I've already messed up Chem and I've got Maths tomorrow! :eek: ) And then I've got finals in March. So yeah, going slightly mad here :tongue:
Reply 39

Mine's exactly the same time. We have Christmas holidays, then one week study leave and then we have our mocks. What are you taking for A-levels?

Quick Reply

Latest