The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Interview HELP!

Hi guys, I just made my TSR account just so I could seek your expert help. I recieved an interview from Liverpool for next Monday and I was wondering if anybody who has had an interview with Liverpool's Medical School could give me any genuine advice?
Hiya! You're best off asking this in the University of Liverpool forum, as there will be current students who have been through the interview process and who can help answer your questions. You can find the forum here.

Best of luck with your interview! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Kittiara
Hiya! You're best off asking this in the University of Liverpool forum, as there will be current students who have been through the interview process and who can help answer your questions. You can find the forum here.

Best of luck with your interview! :smile:

Thanks a lot!
Original post by TanvirRaza
Hi guys, I just made my TSR account just so I could seek your expert help. I recieved an interview from Liverpool for next Monday and I was wondering if anybody who has had an interview with Liverpool's Medical School could give me any genuine advice?

Hello Tanvir! Congratulations on your offer. I'm in my third year of medicine now and had an interview at Liverpool too :smile: In my interview the two interviewers sat very far apart...slightly random i Know. Also, I was asked questions about the news in the NHS....strikes happening recently may be a good thing to have a brief read up on. One thing I will recommend is to try and stay calm...especially when family, friends and others try and force their opinions on what you should try and say. I had a lot of this, and it was really frustrating....There is no way one person can display empathy, confidence, modesty and a bunch of other emotions all at the same time :smile: One little thing, I think would be handy is to remember that we treat patients not diseases....frequently at med school, we try and talk about helping the patient physically, psychologically, socially and spiritually. If tried to mention the social isolation somebody may have as a result of a debilitating illness, this will go down pretty well.
Best of Luck for your interview and time at college....you'll love medical school :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MedstudentGB
Hello Tanvir! Congratulations on your offer. I'm in my third year of medicine now and had an interview at Liverpool too :smile: In my interview the two interviewers sat very far apart...slightly random i Know. Also, I was asked questions about the news in the NHS....strikes happening recently may be a good thing to have a brief read up on. One thing I will recommend is to try and stay calm...especially when family, friends and others try and force their opinions on what you should try and say. I had a lot of this, and it was really frustrating....There is no way one person can display empathy, confidence, modesty and a bunch of other emotions all at the same time :smile: One little thing, I think would be handy is to remember that we treat patients not diseases....frequently at med school, we try and talk about helping the patient physically, psychologically, socially and spiritually. If tried to mention the social isolation somebody may have as a result of a debilitating illness, this will go down pretty well.
Best of Luck for your interview and time at college....you'll love medical school :smile:

Ah gosh that was tremendously helpful and I'll definetely take that on board! 😅
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending