The Student Room Group

Gcse german speaking help

I have my German speaking exam on Monday and it is about 'work'. I'm a bit worried about the surprise question because someone told me what their surprise question was on the last assessment we did and luckily I had the same one. But I have no idea what this one could be!
The other questions on the exam:
Do you earn money by helping around the house?
Do you have a part time job?
What did you do for work experience?
What would be your dream job?
What would be your worst job?
What do your parents do?
Original post by phoebsd
I have my German speaking exam on Monday and it is about 'work'. I'm a bit worried about the surprise question because someone told me what their surprise question was on the last assessment we did and luckily I had the same one. But I have no idea what this one could be!
The other questions on the exam:
Do you earn money by helping around the house?
Do you have a part time job?
What did you do for work experience?
What would be your dream job?
What would be your worst job?
What do your parents do?

I got an A on my last speaking, and my surprise question was ok because I knew all my answers for the stock questions but I made sure I was able to answer them in different tenses. Learn some other vocab around the theme too. My speaking is on the 12th december I think, so I have a bit more time :wink: I dunno if you've done the writing, but the writing about work experience will help too because it's quite similar.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Charonder
I got an A on my last speaking, and my surprise question was ok because I knew all my answers for the stock questions but I made sure I was able to answer them in different tenses. Learn some other vocab around the theme too. My speaking is on the 12th december I think, so I have a bit more time :wink: I dunno if you've done the writing, but the writing about work experience will help too because it's quite similar.
Good luck :smile:

Thankyou so much! I got an A in my last speaking too. I always find the writing exams much easier because I find it hard to think on the spot and I'm prone to hesitation! But I am just going to learn key works (like you said) and question words (who, what when...) and hope that it is something easy! It's isn't the answer which is the challenging bit for me it's the understanding of what the question is! But good luck in your speaking aswell :wink:
Original post by phoebsd
Thankyou so much! I got an A in my last speaking too. I always find the writing exams much easier because I find it hard to think on the spot and I'm prone to hesitation! But I am just going to learn key works (like you said) and question words (who, what when...) and hope that it is something easy! It's isn't the answer which is the challenging bit for me it's the understanding of what the question is! But good luck in your speaking aswell :wink:

Yeah same, writing is a lot easier because you just need to remember your draft :wink:
No problem! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest