The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Medical Interviews 2015

Hi there,

I've applied for Medicine at Edinburgh for entry in 2015 and I'm wondering when they usually announce whether you've qualified for an interview or not. As I live abroad it's quite essential to know as soon as possible in order to book tickets and apply for leave at my current school.

I have a friend who's applied to Edinburgh for the same course but hasn't received any notice either so far. Has anyone gotten anything from the admissions office regarding interviews yet or have they lost my application in the gigantic pile of superb ones?
Original post by katedjur
Hi there,

I've applied for Medicine at Edinburgh for entry in 2015 and I'm wondering when they usually announce whether you've qualified for an interview or not. As I live abroad it's quite essential to know as soon as possible in order to book tickets and apply for leave at my current school.

I have a friend who's applied to Edinburgh for the same course but hasn't received any notice either so far. Has anyone gotten anything from the admissions office regarding interviews yet or have they lost my application in the gigantic pile of superb ones?

I take it you're applying for Graduate Medicine? If so, provisional interview dates are published here: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/medicine-vet-medicine/undergraduate/medicine/applying/how-to-apply/1.7019

I would imagine they'll notify you in the next week or two.

If you're applying as a school leaver, then Edinburgh doesn't interview.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
I take it you're applying for Graduate Medicine? If so, provisional interview dates are published here: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/medicine-vet-medicine/undergraduate/medicine/applying/how-to-apply/1.7019

I would imagine they'll notify you in the next week or two.

If you're applying as a school leaver, then Edinburgh doesn't interview.

Nope. The undergraduate course (I was under the impression there was no fast track course at Edinburgh. Not that I'd be eligible anyway. I'm in my final year of upper secondary school in Sweden.).
Original post by katedjur
Nope. The undergraduate course (I was under the impression there was no fast track course at Edinburgh. Not that I'd be eligible anyway. I'm in my final year of upper secondary school in Sweden.).

There is no fast track - but there is a graduate programme (in as much you can be entering as a graduate rather than a school leaver) - but Edinburgh won't be interviewing you if you're a school leaver. Kinda one of big things about Medicine at Edinburgh :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
There is no fast track - but there is a graduate programme (in as much you can be entering as a graduate rather than a school leaver) - but Edinburgh won't be interviewing you if you're a school leaver. Kinda one of big things about Medicine at Edinburgh :wink:

How did I not know this? So I either get in on my other merits or I don't. Wow, I'm not quite sure whether to be relieved or worried... Thank you though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending