The Student Room Group

What did you do after your MA?

I was just curious, did you go into further study, teaching etc? I work and am doing my MA part time, am only in my first year so have a bit more time to reflect on what I will do next...
Reply 1
I would have preferred to work but couldn't find a job after my Masters. Had some savings left so signed up for an MPhil instead of taking the first job I could find which paid the bills. Was persuaded to convert to a full PhD but am now adrift two years in thanks to various mishaps outside my control.
Original post by Klix88
I would have preferred to work but couldn't find a job after my Masters. Had some savings left so signed up for an MPhil instead of taking the first job I could find which paid the bills. Was persuaded to convert to a full PhD but am now adrift two years in thanks to various mishaps outside my control.

So you are doing your masters anymore?
Reply 3
Original post by Juichiro
So you are doing your masters anymore?

I finished my Masters in 2012. Now nearly two years into a PhD which is going catastrophically wrong, to the point where it may either be downgraded to an MPhil or abandoned completely. I favour the latter at present, but we'll see how I feel in the New Year.
Original post by Klix88
I finished my Masters in 2012. Now nearly two years into a PhD which is going catastrophically wrong, to the point where it may either be downgraded to an MPhil or abandoned completely. I favour the latter at present, but we'll see how I feel in the New Year.

What's your PhD subject? And why is it going wrong?

:hugs:
Reply 5
Original post by Juichiro
What's your PhD subject? And why is it going wrong?

:hugs:

Archaeology. Going wrong because I've been repeatedly promised a core dataset and it hadn't appeared. When I finally insisted on seeing what had been produced to date, there was less than a fifth of the data my supervisors thought they'd have, and what there was, was unreliable and needs to be re-worked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending