The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sulpha
You should find something more worthwhile to waste time worrying over.

No it's awful. I do worry about a lot of things and this is one of them. I don't like it and I'm offended by it, its on the same level rape jokes to me. I don't see how it adds to a post? It's not particularly funny and is screams 'nonconsensual'. So yes it bothers me.
Reply 21
Original post by Mad Vlad
It's a bit rapey. I made a proposal for the smileys to be massively overhauled because they're a ****ing joke, but nothing came of it, it seems.

Well that one is awful. I can't come up with one good reason why that one would need to be used...
Original post by Gott
So your not allowed to say explicit thing but…

you are allowed to say dice

:dice:
I like how anything explicit isn't allowed on the forums but these are:

:dice::hump::hump2::reddy::spank::surprise:

They don't bother me, but you know.
Original post by lou 22
It’s a smiley ffs.

You speak sense.
Original post by Gott
So your not allowed to say explicit thing but…

Judging by the code, it's supposed to be someone rolling some dice.
Reply 26
Original post by BrownEyedGirl92
Well aren't you a special snowflake.

I don't see the need for your very patronising comment. The smiley is carrying a very offensive message. I find it inappropriate that something so serious and life changing can be made to have a laugh out of.I take rape as very serious subject and I find things like this disgusting.
Raep culture!!11!1!11
Reply 28
Original post by abbiemac
I like how anything explicit isn't allowed on the forums but these are:

:dice::hump::hump2::reddy::spank::surprise:

They don't bother me, but you know.

This one :hump: is very different to this :surprise:

I cannot believe I am analysing smilies but it is a serious issue, you shouldn't be allowed to have something as serious as rape be taken so lightly.
Original post by rosebud114
This one :hump: is very different to this :surprise:

I cannot believe I am analysing smilies but it is a serious issue, you shouldn't be allowed to have something as serious as rape be taken so lightly.

You can't dictate that that smiley represents rape. You don't even know the smiley people, or the situation.

Maybe they're in a relationship, and the person is feeling sad, so the other person gives them surprise sex to cheer them up, but the first person then says they're actually not in the mood but appreciate the effort so the person giving the sex gets off.
Now that's over analysing smilies for you.
Reply 30
Original post by WeedCanKill
Raep culture!!11!1!11

Yes it is Rape culture. It's an example of everyday Rape culture.
Surely it's supposed to represent laughing behind someone's back?

Disembodied head = no penis. No penis = no rape. Its the law.
Original post by green.tea

I see an upside down batman tattoo on a woman's pelvis
Reply 34
Original post by green.tea
Surely it's supposed to represent laughing behind someone's back?

Disembodied head = no penis. No penis = no rape. Its the law.

That's not true. It is rape whether a penis is used,fingers or other instruments. It's not consented and its rape.
Original post by rosebud114
That's not true. It is rape whether a penis is used,fingers or other instruments. It's not consented and its rape.

:rolleyes:
Original post by somemightsay888
:colonhash: What is this smiley meant to represent

Rape. Really, it's meant to represent "surprise"

Original post by Drewski
:dice:
Yeah, that's perfectly reasonable.

Tbh, if that were bigger it would actually look like someone actually throwing dice..
I think the emoji things are cool-like the ones on your phone and stuff!! I do think that one is a bit weird tbh. 🌸
Original post by The_Internet
Tbh, if that were bigger it would actually look like someone actually throwing dice..

But that is what it looks like... I don't know what all you rudey rude people are seeing...
:ahee:

This one just irritates me, it's overly cheery

Latest