The Student Room Group

University students how much money do you spend for your grocey? Food etc

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Juan
I survive on £4.50 a week at UCL

Do you live on bread and water or something????
Original post by The Juan
I survive on £4.50 a week at UCL

Is that £4.50 worth of food a week?

Try this: http://www.studentbeans.com/mag/en/food-drink/8-cheap-ways-to-make-instant-noodles-taste-great
About £15. That tends to cover my basics plus some kind of treat e.g. Ben and Jerry's :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by EllieC130
About £15. That tends to cover my basics plus some kind of treat e.g. Ben and Jerry's :smile:

15 a week wow
Reply 24
Original post by 1drowssap
Do you live on bread and water or something????

Nope I have quite a health diet. I tend to bet with the 4.50 at the bookies and so turn it into double figures
Reply 25

Food, drink, toiletries, treats...the usual
I'd probably spend about £20/week but I would try to have meat in every dinner and quite a lot of unnecessary treats. I could have lived on less if I needed to.
Somewhere around £40 a week . £7 a day. A lot of crisps aswell
I do a weekly Asda shop which usually costs me around 25-30 pound, but I always have frozen food left over after a week so I could survive on less. I get max student finance and my rent is 116 per week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I easily spend £40 on food. I thought everyone was the same...
Reply 30
I am commuting at the moment I spend £30 for the 2days I am in
I spend £15 a week you can get so many things for a £1 I have enough left over that I could spend more but id rather have savings
I spend about £15 every 10 days, It's only things like milk and eggs I buy regularly (I don't eat much bread so a loaf lasts me a month). I buy frozen veg which lasts me ages and seldom buy meat - I'm not a massive fan anyway.
Original post by ifmtg
University students how much money do you spend for your grocey? Food etc

I spend £80 per month on groceries along with £20 on toiletries.
London £30~ week
Original post by Kaylaleigh
I spend about £15 every 10 days, It's only things like milk and eggs I buy regularly (I don't eat much bread so a loaf lasts me a month). I buy frozen veg which lasts me ages and seldom buy meat - I'm not a massive fan anyway.

Do they even last a month or do you just not care much about the expiry dates?
Reply 36
£15-20 but if we eat out/takeaways that week then up to £30-35
Reply 37
I'm not sure...around £10-15...my food is cheap because I am vegan but I eat loads, so get through it quickly
£25 a week. :smile:
When I was a student, I spent about 20-30 a week on groceries.

I often eat out now though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending